Just one other thing that I forgot tomention on my earlier posts is that having elevons that are easily twisted or somewhat soft and flexible can give poor deflections at maximum speed leading to very poor roll and loop responses as the elevons will tend to flatten out due to the twisting of the control surface. I give mine a good coating in Miniwax or equivalent to stiffen them up.
I reset everything up. found the original eleveon setup gauge and found that there was a difference between the new one and old i had made, the old one had slightly more angle to it. So used that and found i needed a fair amount of subtrim to get the reflect from the original guage. So its possible the 2nd gauge i made didnt get cut properly.
I also rechecked the balance inside out of the wind. Adding 15g of weight to the nose which brought it to within 1mm of the 1.75 inch mark.
I also made new stabilisers rather than glue the old one back on, so i could use the alignment marks.
I have wingtape coming and also filament tape, Ill make another wing but this time with the paper removed on 1 side to compare the weight difference. And ill also do one with paper removed on both sides and covered with wing tape on the outside. I think this is going to be enough to make this foamboard to work as it should get it to around what ft stuff weighs