• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Mini Guinea Pig maiden went well until...

Have you flown a Mini Guinea pig?

• No, not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Hangar

I have been flying standard size Flitetest airplanes for a while now, but I’ve never flown a mini series plane. Also, I had never flown a twin engine plane. So what better plane to do next than the mini guinea pig - a mini twin engine plane! Well I got all my electronics wired up and took it out for the maiden. I was super nervous and was sure it would hit the ground in a couple seconds and be a mess. But I decided to go for it! Boy was I impressed! I don’t think I used any trim, it just flew so good. Let me take a second to tell you I was running on 1808 motors with 6 4.5 props and a zippy 1000 mah 25c 3s lipo, and that thing was FAST. Within a minute I was doing low full speed passes through a tree and tall post (unused telephone line) feeling totally comfortable. All went well until it suddenly started to feel funny, so I put it down for a rough landing in a dirt field. Upon examination after the walk of shame, I realized they the source of my problem was in my “modified” power pod where I had trimmed it down to fit a different project. The nose was also a little scrunched, but a little hot glue fixed it and the power pod, and the mini guinea is good to go again! I’ll try to post a vid soon.

The Hangar

So you used a pod from another plane and a new pod to make up for the other motor? Kinda confused lol
I had built the pods the pods for the Guinea Pig before I got a chance to fly it. Then when I need an A-pack motor for a cheap foam glider I converted to rc, I took one of the Guinea Pig power pods and trimmed it a little to fit the other plane.:)