Mirage 2000 mk2, 64mm edf jet

Homey

Elite member
Hi all,

Pile 'o pieces that will be a Mirage 2000. Looking forward to it! Very well designed and moderate part count.

Peter
20201105_204117.jpg

Oldrover TJ

Lets says I don't have a 64mm right now...lets say I have a 74mm EDF, what do you think I should scale the plans up by?

Oldrover TJ

Awesome, thank you. I've got them scaled up and I've adjusted the tabs and the holes, hopefully it will go together without much fuss.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
ya, to say i am a little lost would be an understatement. does anyone have more pics of the build process? i have the wing together but the rest has me scratching my head.

thanks,

me :cool:

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
ya, to say i am a little lost would be an understatement. does anyone have more pics of the build process? i have the wing together but the rest has me scratching my head.

thanks,

Hey, I have not shared many build pics because I have changed the plans quite a bit from the version I built. My plan was to either get someone who builds it provide some pictures along the build or build a second one myself but that would be sometime next year since I have been extremely busy this fall. Anyways here is some description of how to assemble it. If you have any more questions after reading this very not so self-explanatory description feel free to ask anything here.

1. Wings:
Lay the bottom trailing part of the wing to the table, put a 1 foam thick spacer under the wing root leading edge corner and glue the score cut on the bottom part of the wing. Glue the wing spar in place, double bevel the leading edge on the inside and fold the wing gluing the leading edge, spar and trailing edge. Glue servos in place. Glue both wings together using tape for support. Glue the edf supports E1-2 on the wings.

2. Nose:
Glue the formers F1-2 to the main nose shown by the arrows. Slide the vertical nose peace in front. Make the 2 bevel cuts to the under side and curve the under side making B-fold contact with the main deck. This is the first difficult task so take your time.

Now glue the assembly to the wing assembly sliding it in and making sure the 2 gaps between the leading edge root of the wing and the nose are free for the intake peaces to slide in. Now add former F3 and mold the larger top peace on top. Add FU3 in front of the main top peace. Now mold the nose peaces FU1-2 and glue them on. Especially FU1 is really tricky as well as its a really tight curve, again, take your time.

3. Canopy:
Slide formers C1-3 in their slots on the main peace shown by arrows. Add skins CA1-2

4. Main fuselage:

Glue the support peace S1 on the wings shown by the arrow. Glue the extra support S2 behind it.

Now I hope the build has been fun to this point because now it gets really difficult.

Glue the edf on its place cables facing up and the thrust tube on it making sure the thrust angle is as straight as possible. Curve the 2 outlet peaces and glue together adding the trust tube support F4 also. Curve I3 on its place on top of the edf , making sure the outlet fits behind it, glue everything together. Curve I2 in front of I3. Curve the intakes I1 on both sides in front of I2. This is by far the most difficult part of the build so you will need some mad patience to do it right! Next up glue the wing fairings on the seam between the wing and fuselage.

5. the rest

You can place your esc either on top of I2 peace under the cover of bring it inside the fuselage if you extend the cables. Make sure to add some cooling holes if your esc is not powerfull enough. Last steps are to add the rudder with the fairing as well as curving the motor cable/esc cover on top.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
thanks. appreciated. i started and immediatly messed up a piece. my printer at home does not work so i wail have to wait until tomorrow to print and recut the piece.

Flitedesign 3d

Elite member
Well, the new blades finally came in today for my edf. Me thinks this puppy is going to be very overpowered! Also perhaps a bit squirrely since the wings are so swept! What do you think, should I add canards?

Peter View attachment 185740 View attachment 185741
Sure go for it if you feel like, I dont know how it will perform with canards. It is quite roll sensitive though so remember keep the rates down and use expo. I havent flown mine since the maiden, but I will do some more flights when I have more time and when its not as wet outside.

Homey

Elite member
Sure go for it if you feel like, I dont know how it will perform with canards. It is quite roll sensitive though so remember keep the rates down and use expo. I havent flown mine since the maiden, but I will do some more flights when I have more time and when its not as wet outside.
Taking a look at some pics and I think this is what I'll do.

Peter

20201209_110703.jpg