Must know LED deal! If you light a lot of stuff, peek this place.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Can't see the ebay lights Epi posted to see the price, but she's got a nose for deals . . .

however these are my go-to light strips:

http://www.amazon.com/XKTTSUEERCRR-Non-Waterproof-5050-Strip-Light/dp/B006LW2NJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428582506

$10 for 5m of the higher density 5050 RGB's. Hard wire it for one of 7 different colors or connect an RGB controller and pick the color you like. These are fairly bright, but they aren't well balanced -- the blue is slightly brighter than the red and green, so a full-open mix isn't white, it's a pale light blue, but from the air it still looks fine.

I don't buy single color LED strips anymore. These are too cheap, and I can wait until I solder it up to choose the color I care for.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
I used them recently on my Tellytubby build, which have one LED removed to use them on 2S although I kept the same resistance on them... but they are plenty bright enough, and for the price I'm not complaining hehehe.

DSCN2152.JPG DSCN2155.JPG

Bayboos

We have a winner, 5-meters for 3.79, that's like 1/4 the price of what I was about to use.

EDIT: Just for you Craftydan hope you can follow this one http://goo.gl/lRhdKw

Either I'm blind, or the same seller offers 5m / 300LED stripes for $0.99.

HOT! DC 12V 5M 300LED SMD 3528 5050 Flexible LED Strip Light 3 Years Warranty

Two catches: 1 - add $2.99 for international shipping, and 2 - non-waterproof. The first one doesn't matter much when you take more than one strip; the second one... well, DTFB (or FTFB) is non-waterproof either :D

mesolost

Yeah the 99cents is for non waterproof BUT we can always just crank the glue temp up and coat them ourselves. =p Glue them directly to the plane. ^_^ But I still have to wait till next month to get any LED's for my FT 3D. And speaking off the electronics are here so... ^_^ Off to build I go. =D

desert wings

Foam Fan
Watch Shipping

Either I'm blind, or the same seller offers 5m / 300LED stripes for $0.99.

HOT! DC 12V 5M 300LED SMD 3528 5050 Flexible LED Strip Light 3 Years Warranty

Two catches: 1 - add $2.99 for international shipping, and 2 - non-waterproof. The first one doesn't matter much when you take more than one strip; the second one... well, DTFB (or FTFB) is non-waterproof either :D

Thanks everyone for the various links. These are some really good deals. I am going to order several strips.

LooseBruce

Omething a little different in LEDs

These are a bit different but I think they are a great deal and super EASY and FUN

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...lti_Function_LED_strip_with_Control_Unit.html

23792.jpg

I often have a hard time searching for them on HK but they are in stock. The above link will take you there.
Right now the whole strip is on the bottom of my Slow Stick and they are super bright.

Just hook up a spare switched channel to control color or mode. Each time you flick the switch there is a change. There are several colors and some flashing and slowly changing color modes. Just plug them into your battery or balance plug and you are good to go. Remember if you buy from the international warehouse to select the cheapest shipping option and be prepared to be surprised when they finally get to you. Otherwise pay a little more.
LooseBruce

PS I prefer the NON waterproof LEDs. The waterproof strips adds a lot of weight. I prefer to just cover the LEDs with a strip of clear packing tape. In fact with white Leds (other than these) I sometimes put a layer of colored tissue paper over them to have different colors on the same strip. Easy Peazy!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
These are a bit different but I think they are a great deal and super EASY and FUN

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...lti_Function_LED_strip_with_Control_Unit.html

I often have a hard time searching for them on HK but they are in stock. The above link will take you there.
Right now the whole strip is on the bottom of my Slow Stick and they are super bright.

Just hook up a spare switched channel to control color or mode. Each time you flick the switch there is a change. There are several colors and some flashing and slowly changing color modes. Just plug them into your battery or balance plug and you are good to go. Remember if you buy from the international warehouse to select the cheapest shipping option and be prepared to be surprised when they finally get to you. Otherwise pay a little more.
LooseBruce

PS I prefer the NON waterproof LEDs. The waterproof strips adds a lot of weight. I prefer to just cover the LEDs with a strip of clear packing tape. In fact with white Leds (other than these) I sometimes put a layer of colored tissue paper over them to have different colors on the same strip. Easy Peazy!

That controller is fairly nice (not my favorite, but well worth the price), but the strip it comes with is 1/2 the typical density. The LED's are fairly bright so inside a wing cavity it all balances out, but straight into foam or out in the open air it looks more like a dash than a solid line.

now for variation . . . with some creative soldering and some jumper wires, you can get the LEDs to automatically have up to three different colors on a single controller -- scramble the RGB lines between sub strips, and the strip downstream will have a different color for everything but white. Great for distinguishing left wing/right wing/tail.

and about the non-waterproof . . . agreed. nice on the pool/patio/car/kitchen sink. a waste of weight on most model airplanes.