• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Resource icon

MXS Profile 3d 1

Please log in to download

billyshaw22

When building, I designed it so all surfaces can be hinges before paint, makes paint easier and final assembly quicker, I will be using 1/8in round carbon spar and landing gear struts

Attachments

billyshaw22

Going to finish it up tomorrow, going to use 2- 8.5g flite test servos for elevator and rudder and 1 kst for ailerons and ft radial 2207-1750 and 30amp ft esc.

Attachments

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Going to finish it up tomorrow, going to use 2- 8.5g flite test servos for elevator and rudder and 1 kst for ailerons and ft radial 2207-1750 and 30amp ft esc.
Dude that's an awesome airplane. Did you take the paper off or did you leave it? Looks like it may need a bit more carbon bracing but either way it should be a great little airplane. I've been scratch building airplanes like it but only in EPP because I need something that can take a hit lol. Here are a few I recently built, the red one is a raven and the blue is a gamebird, Both are a joy to fly.
IMG_20220121_235850124.jpg

There will be foam supports on the bottom, I will take pictures of it when I get done, I took the paper off on this one to save some weight, it will be flown indoors. As far a strength, i have been flying this layout for about 11 years. my profile picture is the same materials and build techniques as this one and that was taken back in 2015, I just gave that exact airplane away to a local guy over this winter and it still fly's as good as it did when I first built it.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
There will be foam supports on the bottom, I will take pictures of it when I get done, I took the paper off on this one to save some weight, it will be flown indoors. As far a strength, i have been flying this layout for about 11 years. my profile picture is the same materials and build techniques as this one and that was taken back in 2015, I just gave that exact airplane away to a local guy over this winter and it still fly's as good as it did when I first built it.
Ok the fuse aft of the wing is always the part that flexes the most. Like you said a foam support going down it would be perfect. I think I'll give the mx a shot. I really like how it reminds me of the airplanes flown at efest back when hobbico still existed lol.