my first entry into RC flight

sandblaster

O.K. Now here is an ideal for a really instructive show. Things a Rudder are good for. Like to see the "slip" in use and have it explained. Chad, are you there?

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Yeah I kinda have been thinking about that idea of slipping because rudder and ailerons do kinda have some simiraty but they they don´t, which is the weird thing about them :D However I never knew that there actually way something called slipping which is explaining exactly what I have been thinking of. My theory was that slipping would just slow the plane down, due to more air resistance etc.

Awesome explanation AK flyer! I´ll try that out with one of my slower planes first.

eagle4

Managed to get out to my parents place, which is where my control is boxed up, and its a Hitec Flash 5. just in case you were wondering

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Managed to get out to my parents place, which is where my control is boxed up, and its a Hitec Flash 5. just in case you were wondering
An old thing.
The battery is probably useless after many years?
There are no module in Flash 5 making it easy to convert to 2,4 but "anylink" should do the trick if you don't choose to upgrade to a modern TX.
There are 2 model memories but if you are not lucky the eeprom might be hard to get to remember anything after many years - hope that i am wrong...