My Flitetest scratch built planes

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Got a couple more to add to the list. My most recent:
A-22
20191021_214346.jpg 20191021_214410.jpg
This is just after paint. I have since crashed and replaced the nose from the donor jet called the Alpha. So it's not as pretty anymore but still very functional. Some video of the maiden

This has yet to be maidened, just finished it today, waiting on weather to calm down
20191027_142938.jpg

20191027_143017.jpg

Paint job should be easy to see for orientation purposes
20191027_143156.jpg

On the bottom of the wing I added flaps. Seen this work really well for slope soaring flying wings, gonna try it here. It's set up on a 3 pos. switch so I can do a half and full flap throw. It might make things interesting or could go as exactly as planned. Soon to find out. If this flaps thing works there may be the addition of tricycle style landing gear with a steerable nose wheel hooked up to rudder control on the Tx.... maybe. Hey I might even fit it up for the floats (y)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
On the bottom of the wing I added flaps. Seen this work really well for slope soaring flying wings, gonna try it here. It's set up on a 3 pos. switch so I can do a half and full flap throw. It might make things interesting or could go as exactly as planned. Soon to find out. If this flaps thing works there may be the addition of tricycle style landing gear with a steerable nose wheel hooked up to rudder control on the Tx.... maybe. Hey I might even fit it up for the floats (y)
Here you go again, taking things to a whole new level! I love it - keep it up man! Eager to see the maiden!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Got a couple more to add to the list. My most recent:
A-22
View attachment 146517 View attachment 146518
This is just after paint. I have since crashed and replaced the nose from the donor jet called the Alpha. So it's not as pretty anymore but still very functional. Some video of the maiden

This has yet to be maidened, just finished it today, waiting on weather to calm down
View attachment 146523
View attachment 146524
Paint job should be easy to see for orientation purposes
View attachment 146525
Nice maiden @BATTLEAXE! She rolls really good and I saw another humpty-bump there towards the end. Those become second nature pretty quickly, don't they? Nice landing, as well. Any closer and someone would have had to duck! :D

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Inman SC is Deep in the forested Smokeys. Nice. I'm out of Fayetteville NC myself.
IMG_20190318_230343566.jpg IMG_20190318_230331546.jpg
this doesn't count the planes in the shop, in plans mounted on DTFB sheets, or one over the piano, or in my Bathroom awaiting a float/buoyancy test...
If I admit to there being a problem... then I feel I should rid myself of some.
man-with-fingers-in-ears.jpg

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Inman SC is Deep in the forested Smokeys. Nice. I'm out of Fayetteville NC myself.
View attachment 147183 View attachment 147182
this doesn't count the planes in the shop, in plans mounted on DTFB sheets, or one over the piano, or in my Bathroom awaiting a float/buoyancy test...
If I admit to there being a problem... then I feel I should rid myself of some.
man-with-fingers-in-ears.jpg
Nah. Your problem is that you don't crash enough. I could visit and help you weed out that collection pretty quickly! My awesome flying skills tend to keep me down to three or four flyable planes at a time. :p

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Nah. Your problem is that you don't crash enough. I could visit and help you weed out that collection pretty quickly! My awesome flying skills tend to keep me down to three or four flyable planes at a time. :p

That's just it. I have about 3-5 flyable models the rest are semi-fails, that I don't have time for more testing. Designs that are VERY close, or they are half build/ ready to build... etc.
or things I REALLY want to build.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I am on the same train as you, @FoamyDM I will come over and fly the hell out of some of the ones you think are a fail just to see what they have left in them. Make some room for the ones you want to build.