Help! Looking for RC flying friends in Akron Ohio

ericwin

I started with making RC planes in 2019, but wasn't able to master flying, even if I have a PhD in Aerospace (very embarrassed). Hope to meet with some friends close by, and learn from you.

I just learnt that Flite test is also located in Ohio, about 50 mins drive south of Akron.I am also thinking of visiting Flite test site, and the meet the great people that I only get to see in Youtube videos. Wondering if that's a possibility.

Thanks!

luvmy40

Elite member
I am in Ravenna, also not a great pilot. I head down to Edgewater every once in a while. Getting to meet the Flight Crew and the Flite Test folks is best done at a scheduled event. I think they still do the family fly days one afternoon a week, at least during the summer.

ericwin

Hey @luvmy40 Thank you for letting me know.

It's great to get to know you. We are actaully pretty close. I am in Kent. Maybe we can get together some time.

What are your interest right now? I recently got a Creality K1 printer from Microcenter, and decide to 3d print a RC plane. There are multiple free models online.

Last edited:

luvmy40

Elite member
I fly at the Ravenna HS practice field and at a small park with a couple baseball fields that is right around the corner from the house.

I run a Creality Ender 5 S1 and an Ender 3 V2 as well as their resin printer. I haven't printed a full air frame yet, but I print plenty of parts and accessories.

Flite Test and a local AMA club sponsor an indoor fly at the KSU field house once in a while. Not sure if it is a regular schedule kind of thing or more spontaneous, but it was a hoot the one time I did get to go.

ericwin

Flite Test and a local AMA club sponsor an indoor fly at the KSU field house
That's great. Could you leave me a message when you get a chance to fly or join some event? I would love to join and meet you then. Thanks ahead!