My Ibex 46" WS Super STOL park flyer

pinchflat

Here my Flying buddy Travis tries it out.

The Specs:
WS: 46" (why 46"? Because the back of my van is 48" and I don't want to take it apart)
motor: Some 900KV 200watt unit I had from Heads up RC
prop: 11x7 GWS direct drive orange for scale looks!
AUW: 28.5 oz

First off sorry for any typos but I dont usually post about my planes. I wanted to share this one with you guys because I used quite a few Flite Test techniques in the build. I hope you like it!
After more testing and possibly some tweaks I may hand draw some plans.

The fuselage is foam board on the sides and poster board top and bottom. But it has a carbon fiber arrow shaft spine. The motor mount bolts right to it.
The unusual airfoil is done on purpose. The overly blunt leading edge is for a super docile stall and eliminates the need for vortex generators or slats.
This is my first time trying "Junker" ailerons. Many STOL planes use them. The theory is that the air is channeled over the aileron keeping the surface from stalling. I can not confirm or deny this, but it does seem to work.
20150308_203431.jpg
20150311_211117.jpg
20150312_203659.jpg
20150312_203719.jpg

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
Nice build. Junkers ailerons, how hard is it to get those aligned?

pinchflat

The weather has been pretty crummy but I was able to finally do some flying today.
Here are a few stupid airplane tricks.

Av8tor

Foam board vs poster board

Very cool it almost looks unreal like to see some plans how thick is your spar.I have found that dtfb with the paper removed is not as heavy as poster board, poster board is easer but heavier than foam board it is hard to believe but true.