My Orange T-Six Transmitter (thoughts)

Winglet

I've owned a Hobbyking Orange transmitter now for about four months and have used it with many fixed wing aircraft. (all electric) I have logged lots of hours with it and have hundreds of flight on it now. I feel like I have given the radio a good trial and thought I would post regarding my experience for those who might be considering this box.

To summarize my experience, it has been great! I've owned lots of radios going way back to 27mhz and this one is probably my favorite. No problems, no issues. I've powered it with dry cells and a lipo pack. I think this unit is going to be really good for the majority of sport flyers out there. I can't speak for Heli or multi copters because I don't fly those. The little book that comes with the radio is decent but a little is lost in the translation. There is a REAL issue with setting up elevon control. You can't simply go to the menu, select elevon and expect it to work. It won't. You have to do a little simple programming through the mix setting but it is not described anywhere in the manual. I was lucky enough to find step by step instructions on how to achieve this on line and it works fine. I believe I posted that information elsewhere in this forum? If you can't find it, PM me and I will copy and send it to you.

My brother also liked my radio and bought two of them for his family. He has had a great experience with his as well. We are both been using the cheapo Orange receivers R-615? And have had perfect performance from those.

If you anticipate using a lot of different mixes and things like that, I would probably move on to a different radio. Not that this radio won't do them all, it is probably more of a question of finding the instructions on how to do it.:confused:

eagle4

That's good to hear this is such a good radio, cause at this price point it's pretty hard to beat as a perfect beginners radio.

andybenton

NERD!!!! :)
Some guys I fly with at the local church fly this radio. No complaints from the. Aside from the switch positions.
Seems to be an excellent transmitter for the money

DDSFlyer

Thanks for the review. Makes a lot of sense for beginners, PLUS it's in the US Warehouse now!

ViperTech

I have the ORX and I agree with winglet. I would like a better user manual but I have set it up for elevon mixing and it is great. My son has one also and we have had no trouble "except" the battery case cover. but if you buy off-brand name batteries they don't spread the case! Our dollar tree store carries a battery by the name of sunbeam and they work great and ...wait for it.....4 in a pack 1 dollar!
It would be cool to get a help and how to going on this TX. But I aint that smart!

Mik3

Mr. Gee Bee
Too bad they are never ever ever in stock anywhere. I was going to grab one of these based on reviews but opted for the FlySky FS-T6 which is a very likeable Tx as well.