My quads hate me!!!

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I have a betafpv hx115 and one of the motor plugs came loose in a crash so I just direct soldered it to the board (why didn't you do that in the first place betafpv???). Now when I throttle up it keeps going to the top of the range and doesn't slow down. I checked to see if the solder was touching each other before powering it up and it was fine. It does not smell burnt or anything. Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks (and sorry to all the poor people who keep helping me ie: Bricks, Psyborg, Litterbug, Corsair714, others...)

Mr_Stripes

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is that particular motor turning the right direction? If you changed the wiring that could have strange effects. Ill assume you have not gotten airborne. Does it try to flip over?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Like most troubleshooting strange actions video would make this whole process sooo much easier. Seeing and more so hearing what is going on is a HUGE part of understanding what is up with a quads behavior. That all comes with time and experience, which lately you seem to be getting more then your fair share of. I get the frustration but keep at it.. You too will have that OMG HOLY CRAP moment when you fly a locked in quad for the first time where you just melt into the air it flys in and become one with the flow.

Corsair714

The motor pads are right above the plugs. I put the wires in the same place and the motor spins in the right direction. It is an all in one board with esc built in.

I have not tried it with props because I'm worried I will lose it.
That's weird. Videos are always helpful. if you could post one of what's happening?

Corsair714

Like most troubleshooting strange actions video would make this whole process sooo much easier. Seeing and more so hearing what is going on is a HUGE part of understanding what is up with a quads behavior. That all comes with time and experience, which lately you seem to be getting more then your fair share of. I get the frustration but keep at it.. You too will have that OMG HOLY CRAP moment when you fly a locked in quad for the first time where you just melt into the air it flys in and become one with the flow.
Haha we both had the same idea, a video would be most helpful

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
You too will have that OMG HOLY CRAP moment when you fly a locked in quad for the first time where you just melt into the air it flys in and become one with the flow.
I got that the first time I flew this thing on a 3s 450. So fast yet so floaty and controlled.

Corsair714

I've been flying quads for a bit and I know a lot about them, but sometimes I still have absolutely no idea what is happening. I try everything I know and I still can't figure it out. Then I come to the forums and get help from the people on here. Cause they know what they're talking about. I keep @PsyBorg busy haha

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
can you connect the quad to the computer, bring up the configurator and check the receiver tab? make sure it reflects the throttle movement in the receiver tab.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ok.. so at this point.... is this flying or not? you said you figured it out and it was good. then posted that video.. was that what it was doing before you said you figured it out? Then you just posted to show us what was going on?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Your props are off. On the bench, that is good to test for motor direction etc, but it tells you almost nothing other than that because when the motors are not under a load (with props), the quad's flight controller is still trying to keep the quad level etc. Put props on, take it outside, and do a hover test. BTW, while props are off, make SURE motor direction on all 4 motors is correct.