• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My story

Klonas

So today I got my brand new Turnigy 9x. Excited and everythinig.
So I quickly started to work with my planes to get all of them into my model memory.
I was at tle last plane. The biggest one. 12x6 prop, DT750 motor.
I wanted to play around with flaps and test all these things because this plane had each servo for aileron. I turned on the receiver, with it on I copied the memory of another plane to this one so I wouldn't have to set the same settings again. I had a throttle hold switch on. So I thought I was safe. Little did I know, that my other plane had throttle channel reversed. Once I pressed copy - disaster happened. Motor spinning full throttle, Transmitter not reacting to throttle change (remember I had the throttle hold on - reversed it's full throttle), propeller bashing very quickly into a wooden shelf. Its good that it was there otherwise it would have hit me. Quickly unplugged the batterie. Wooho I'm ok. Propeller smashed and everything... But then I turn my hand around...
DSC03186.JPG
I'm lucky it was just that. A small cut. But it could have been much more serious.
Here's what's left out of the propeller:
DSC03187.JPG
SO it's lesson learned: Don't copy models with 9x when the model is plugged in. Oh and yeah I guess TAKE THE PROPELLER OFF THE PLANE... It's worth taking a minute to do that. Believe me

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Good experience to share. Most people I know have been chewed on at one time or another by their own model, myself included.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Medical green makes it look worse than it really is. It's not a bad injury unless you die. XD

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
nice editing reason colorex!

BTT: Yeah I do have a scar on my left arm due to a similar programming stupidness! I was just trying to put in some expo while I had my Parkzone Extra 300 on my left leg. Oups just gently touched the throttle stick and hzhzh. 12*6 prop cuttin my arm. Luckily it didn´t rip my trousers or get near the private part :D

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I've actually never taken the prop off of my plane during any work activities. I know It's a good idea but I never do. I always use my throttle cut (now) or unplug the motor but I don't go so far as to remove the prop. Here's the result of my not doing any of those safety things and bumping the transmitter while taking a picture.

IMAG0410.jpg