Nano QX

DoTeir15

Hello All, I'm planning on buying a Blade Nano QX but i was wondering if it would be able to fly it with my Spektrum DX4e until i can afford the 6 or the 8.
Thanks,
DoTeir15 (Justin)

Twitchity

The DX4e WILL work, but the ratcheting throttle is really horrible for helis and planes.

I did this mod to my old DX4e when it was my only transmitter for my heli. It eliminated the ratcheting effect for the throttle and made a big difference for my while flying.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
My experience flying the NanoQX on a Tx without Rates or Expos was less than optimal.
You can control it completely, just not very well.

Best regards,
PCH

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
My experience flying the NanoQX on a Tx without Rates or Expos was less than optimal.

I agree. I even limited the throttle to 52% and altered the curve from what Spektrum published in the NanoQDX settings.
If it flashes red and not blue, forget about it.

BTW - I'm using the new DX6 and really like it. They are going to $229 with a 6 channel RX

Justin

BEEAH

I agree. I even limited the throttle to 52% and altered the curve from what Spektrum published in the NanoQDX settings.
If it flashes red and not blue, forget about it.

BTW - I'm using the new DX6 and really like it. They are going to $229 with a 6 channel RX

Justin

Are you using the DX6 on the Nano QX? If so how do you like it? I'm considering picking up a BNF.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I also fly on a DX6. They had them for $189 on sale late last year with two receivers.
The difference between the DX6 and a DX5 was night and day.
Rates and expos are easy to set up and made a big difference in my flying ability.

Best regards,
PCH

BEEAH

I was very unclear on my question, I own a DX6 as well but wondered how did he like it with the Nano QX.

I ended up ordering a Nano QX BNF, will be here today. Looking forward to removing LOS orientation issues with it.

Ace2317

I learned to fly on the Nano QX. The best thing about it over other quads is that you can turn auto-level off and get used to flying without it. Once you can fly tail out, auto-level off, your confidence will be riding high. Add to that the Nano QX is virtually indestructible.

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
I'll see if I can upload the radio's file for this model in this forum. If so it will capture my settings. It is much better than the blade MCX
or 120 SR. I got it because I was skeptical over quad copters. After flying this gem I'm sold!

Only maintenance my son and I have performed is removing tiny strings and long hairs that wrap around the motor shafts. No idea where this comes from, but it finds them.

Justin