Naza M - Gimbal Channels

Per the advice from a few members I picked up a LemonRX 8ch and it was very easy to setup. The only thing I am no clear on is how to connect the gimbal properly so I can control it if needed with the AUX3 dial on my DX8. The gimbal board allows pitch and roll input from the Naza M. The only thing I would like to control is the pitch ( make the go pro look straight down if needed ). Not sure how to get this working. Looks like I only needed a 7ch per the Naza M assistant. If that is the case I have a 7CH OrangeRX arriving tomorrow, but I guess having 1 extra channel maybe good for the future. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Darkback2

Hey Ghostflite,

You have to enable the gimbal controls using the naza-m software. The output on the Naza for the gimbal is labeled f1 and f2. Really given that you only want to control 1 axis of the gimbal you will only need one of these ports. Plug the receiver output channel that corresponds to your Aux3 into the x1 port on the naza. Here is a video that should walk you through the process...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYH1shl8ly8

Hope this helps!

DB

That is perfect, now time to set it up and test.

Anyone prefer the LemonRX over OrangeRX? The LemonRX has a shorter builtin antenna, but I added a sat to it.

The OrangeRX has a longer builtin antenna with no sat attached.

Will adding a sat make that much of a difference?

I am only flying as far up and out as about 1000-1500ft from me. No issues so far, but would like to avoid giving myself a shorter range by switching RX's to get extra channels. I was using a 6ch OrangeRX R620.