• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need help on deciding on foam for FT Master Series Corsair

Hello!
I am thinking of building a FT master series corsair in a week or 2, I would like to make sure I have the correct foam. Delrin isnt available here unfortunately. Ive heard EPS ( EPS foam - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_ ) and EPP are good, but I dont really know. I would order from the FT store, but unfortunately 25 sheets of foam would cost $50 in shipping. ( I would prefer if the foam is available on aliexpress or a very widely common material i could find in the crafts shop )
I would love to know your suggestions!

Also, I know most don’t want to hear it. But this might not be the best first build. I would try the p40. I would pick it because it has some of the techniques used in the Corsair.
Sorry for the late responce, the $2 board has no brand and I found some Elmers foam board for $11 for 40x60 inches of foam. I got some 20x30 inch elmers foam and I am making the mini corsair from it to see generally how it would be.

Ahh allright. Would you suggest any way of cutting the foam? I got a board today and with my current box cutter, it goes blunt very quickly and I have found out I am not very good at bevels with my mini corsair model. Will a hot wire work well and make a Master Series Corsair after I make the P40, or is there a better way that is relatively easy and under $50?