Boeing B29 anyone? (from papermodel to foamboard

b-29er

Might suggest going with fiddlersgreen, that way you can upscale. They also throw in paper models for ordinance and an x-1, and you support an american small business. that and you get 3 models for free.
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/Aircraft/Boeing-B29.html
That all being said, i wouldn't necessarily count on a papercraft being able to be scaled up for foamboard without at least a little modification (like airfoil sections might be nice). You'll probably also need or want to 3d print the nosecone tbh, or any overly complex part, since you cant use the flush tab gluing technique they use in papercraft to make the nosecone without a lot of fiddling and luck.

leaded50

Legendary member
Might suggest going with fiddlersgreen, that way you can upscale. They also throw in paper models for ordinance and an x-1, and you support an american small business. that and you get 3 models for free.
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/Aircraft/Boeing-B29.html
That all being said, i wouldn't necessarily count on a papercraft being able to be scaled up for foamboard without at least a little modification (like airfoil sections might be nice).
- difference was, by Fiddlers you need print it... if "Bang" size fits. you get ess work.

b-29er

- difference was, by Fiddlers you need print it... if "Bang" size fits. you get ess work.
Excuse my previous comment, I may have misread that. Perhaps bang is less work but you can print the design off and start now instead of in 2wks when the slow boat hits port. You will probably need to shave 1/2" of the top of the spars and any mating surfaces of that nature, or find an alternative design/material for those, since the spar that comes with it will be designed to mate to paper and not 1/4" foamboard on both sides. Would also expect you will need to fiddle around with angled mating surfaces like trailing edges. But otherwise its a valid enough construction techinque.

Last edited: