Need help with Lemon DSMX RX Satellite Receiver

RunnerBrett

I have a Lemon DSMX RX Satellite receiver and I want to connect it to my Xracer F303 v3 flight controller.

The wire that came with the receiver has three black wires.

I do not know which one is positive, signal and ground.

I've Googled this to death and cannot find a wiring schematic.

Can anyone help--I'm desperate now.

IMG_0887.JPG

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I feel your pain. Fortunately I have a few real Spektrum cables that are color coded. Center wire is ground (black). That's the easy one. The outer two are 3.3v (red) and signal (gray). I cut the LemonRX cable to length then either paint one of the outer wires, or follow them back from the RX one at a time and solder them to the FC. Here is a pic with one of the Spektrum Cables to you can see which pin is which on the LemonRX.
SpektrumWires.jpg

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
LitterBug

RunnerBrett

I feel your pain. Fortunately I have a few real Spektrum cables that are color coded. Center wire is ground (black). That's the easy one. The outer two are 3.3v (red) and signal (gray). I cut the LemonRX cable to length then either paint one of the outer wires, or follow them back from the RX one at a time and solder them to the FC. Here is a pic with one of the Spektrum Cables to you can see which pin is which on the LemonRX.
View attachment 78297

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
LitterBug

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I have searched for days for this. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Do these auto-bind in the same way micro BNF's do? I have a Spektrum SPM4648 ($25) that does but I am always looking for better deals and potential spares.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
No, you need to send binding pulses from the FC to tell them which mode you want it to bind in.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Bricks

Master member
Don`t you bind the remote with a regular receiver once the sat is bound it is bound with out the receiver. That was my understanding

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Bricks,

that's always an option -- the Sat remembers it's last bind -- but most flight controllers can trigger the Sat's bind mode in a variety of sub modes (DSM2/X, 1024/2048, 11/22ms).

For *flight boards, it's a CLI command -- set a variable with a value 1-9 for the suitable bind mode, save then hard-power down. On the next hard boot-up, the commands will be sent to the Sat and it will start in the commanded bind mode. a bit clunky, but when it works, it's easy. when it doesn't, it's a pain to get the missed detail right.

Bricks

Master member
if I remember right the CL prompt is ......set spektrum_sat_bind9 for DSMX..type save...and set spektrm_sat_bind5 for DSM2...type save...power off the board after it reboots. Reconnect the receiver the bind light should be blinking, now press and hold the bind button on your transmitter and turn it on the receiver light should quit blinking showing it is bound. Go into receiver tab and make sure all you inputs are working if they are the final step is go into the CL and type....set spectrum_sat_bind0... type save this takes the receiver out of bind mode and you should be done.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
something like that . . .

it's:

set spektrum_sat_bind = <X> <enter>
save <enter>

. . . and hard power cycle after it finishes rebooting.

So, what's <X>?

As documented on the Cleanflight github:

3 for DSM2 1024bit/22ms
5 for DSM2 2048bit/11ms
7 for DSMX 1024bit/22ms
8 for DSMX 2048bit/22ms
9 for DSMX 2048bit/11ms

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
What you can use will depend on the TX more than anything else (caveat: if the sat is DSM2 only, you're stuck at 5 regardless of the TX). Generally, the settings are organized such that the higher the number, the better the link, so if your TX can do 9, go 9.

Shoot, if it worked, turn it up to 11 ;)

(sorry, no, this isn't Spinal Tap)

John Hendry

Lemon read this!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I have searched for days for this. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I needed to know too but this was it.... LOL Thanks for needing the info.... Lemon should mark their plugs! I knew but forgot the order... I knew red or black was in the middle;-)