Need some advice

oksurf

Well I came on Flitetest a few weeks ago and I have to say I'm additcted to the site. Full of great info and enjoying to watch.

Here is my question: (mabey Eric can chive in)

Im looking at 2 different quad copters, the DJI Inspire and the TBS Discovery (using a GoPro H4). Both have the plus and minus. Main work will be doing aircraft crash scene investigation.
I do have experience flying quads so not a newbi.

Thanks for your input.
Regards,

Theflyingfoam

In my opinion the TBS discovery would be better because it would be more durable. It doesn't seem like you're going to be doing any racing or anything but durability and replacement parts are always nice. Plus i believe the all up price would be nicer to your wallet... Thats just my opinion though.

~TFF

ExperimentalRC

I don't know if your work requires infrared/thermal images, but If you went with the tbs discovery you can also attach a FLIR camera. Most people on here are going to recommend the the discovery because of its ability to be easily upgraded. Also, because the tbs discovery requires assembly you will know each part, and be able to solve problems much faster than if you had the inspire.

Vimanse

Hi oksurf welcome.I have experiences of Dji inspire but i have no experiences with TBS.But I know that the Inspire is AV copter and TBS Discovery has good flight time which is a plus for u but my suggestion is to build one for your custom needs if it is all possible.cheerzz
_V