New GoPro HERO2

tallflyer

Mentor
It seems a little faster! I will say this when you do the 10 frames per second mode! you have to wait for the file to write takes a few seconds and then you see the camera add 10 pictures! im sure this also is different when a lower res is picked.

tallflyer

Mentor
Some good information about the GoPro2HD

What is different about the HD HERO2?

2X More Powerful in Every Way

Professional 11MP Sensor

2x Faster Image Processor

2X Sharper Glass Lens

Professional Low Light Performance

Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p and 720p Video

120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video

Full 170º and Medium 127º FOV Photos

10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst

1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode

3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input

Simple Language-based User Interface

Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ Compatible (coming soon)

Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras

Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback + Control via GoPro App

Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Wow It sure does shine more! I like the 170º wide angle option!

Yeah me too!

But I wonder if on a tricopter like David Windestal has the rotors would start appearing on the picture at that angle!
I would absolutely hate having to go to 127° but it still wouldn´t be too bad.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yeah me too!

But I wonder if on a tricopter like David Windestal has the rotors would start appearing on the picture at that angle!
I would absolutely hate having to go to 127° but it still wouldn´t be too bad.

Definitely, unless you move the camera forward.

Angle between arms = 120º
Gopro angle = 170º which is almost 180º

A lot forward. Or use a T-copter

ananas1301

I like seeing the rotors on occasion...it gives some insight on the methods of filming I guess.

I seem them as not belonging on the picture as they destroy a certain scenery which I would want to film.

Good idea colorex.

Glad there isn´t much difference except the the two rod being not as far out with a TCopter

Might have to do that with a GoPro 2 but its still a looooong way to go before I own a GoPro2

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I thought I would share this video. Its my son's first flight in a Glider. Interestingly when i was setting up the gopro hero 2 I wasn't sure how the footage would come out when you consider there is a fair degree of contrast difference between the cockpit and outside the glider (ie Extreme backlight). The GoPro Hero2 handled it beautifully. I must say I'm very impressed with the GoPro 2 :)

ananas1301

WOW

he was actually flying there himself!?!

I was kinda nervous by just watching it and the GoPro 2 did a good job there :)

JoeyG

Such a lucky boy, looked like a great experience. I gotta get me a GoPro2, was holding out hope for a good deal in the Jan sales.. but no joy.

J.

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Such a lucky boy, looked like a great experience. I gotta get me a GoPro2, was holding out hope for a good deal in the Jan sales.. but no joy.

J.

I just picked one up before Christmas, no sale for me either....but super excited about how much better it films. ;-)

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Another Video this time at the beach on an overcast day. Can't wait to get start having some serious fun with this camera :)

bmsweb

Site Moderator
my gopro2 is going to get hear in one weak :) but i have a feeling that is is going to feel like forever :(

Hey I had mine for 2 weeks, it was under the Christmas tree and the wife wouldn't let me us it until Christmas day :) So I feel your pain lol Its a top camera you'll love it.