New kit build

Pilot-294

Thanks. I'm sure at anything faster than 40 knots it'll look decent. In person it's a wrinkly mess on all the edges

Pilot-294

the time has come! this friday im going to order the last of my required parts off hobbyking. i have realized i have been WAY overpaying at the local hobby shop... why pay 50 bucks for a Rx battery here when i can get a larger capacity, better, and not old-and-probably-shot one when i order new from hobbyking. i can get metal geared and digital servos for LESS than i have been paying the guy here for cruddy nylon geared old servos. today i finish the wing covering. tomorrow i get the nose all done and friday i paint order and wait. also probably gonna order a storch too. cause i want a storch

Pilot-294

wings covered, ailerons on (really stiff tho.. may need a high torque servo), decals on, now its finish work like applying the canopy and cowl then electronics.
photo 2 (1).JPG photo 1 (1).JPG

Pilot-294

i hear its a growl-amplification-tube. people say when the motor spins up its designed to warn you not to lick the prop... it definitely works....

Pilot-294

thanks addict! im surprised how nice full drab looks. and im really excited to see how it looks in the air fairly soon

Pilot-294

image.jpg

Electronics are in. Final setup and tune at the field tomorrow. Maiden, pray I don't crash, pray I land proper, and pray she don't shatter. I'm so nervous!! I hope all goes well....

Pilot-294

got a chance to maiden her! was so nervous i forgot to have my friend record it... anyhow, had a hard time getting her airborne. gonna need a larger prop. otherwise shw flew great. had to land dead stick tho... throttled back at high altitude to slow down and circle in, motor cut. so i doe for all she had and landed in the weeds. only pinholes and a broken prop on landing!