New member!

FDS

Elite member
Also the ability to fine tune the rates and soften the control surface movements through programming will make a HUGE difference to your learning curve.
If you want to have a frustrating first experience and spend a lot of time repairing accident damage for the sake of saving £20-30 on a TX that ends up being worthless second hand be my guest.

smiling albert

Most of the stuff on FDS s shopping list from HK is from the Uk and gets me free shipping,but the servos and esc would have to be shipped from Hong Kong and the prop from Europe,incurring shipping costs of £5.
Is that normal for HK or should I wait until all available in UK?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
You should locate and get to know your local model shop. I do visit my local, (expensive), hobby shop during those times where I find that the freight component of a low cost order makes it more expensive than a visit to the local shop! Especially for props, control horns, linkage stoppers, and wheel collars.

When I have a large order I still order online of course but then sometimes there is that last, hard to find, or globally isolated item that I can get cheaper at the local shop IF I consider freight!

Just a thought!

Have fun!

FDS

Elite member
I did an HK order yesterday, almost everything was out of stock. Everyone seems to be doing the same thing right now, building! I wouldn’t try and fly 3s first. Best to wait as everywhere else I looked was out of the 2s 500’s as well. I think there was one pack only in stock at Unmanned UAV.
The 5g servos are a problem. There’s none anywhere. You can put 9g servos in the fuselage, I did so on mine, then use 5g on the wings. I used 3.7g ones off eBay on my wings, they are still working.
If you don’t want to wait the power packs might be in stock.

FDS

Elite member
Two 9g and two 3.7g servos works fine. EBay 9g and some 3.7 g ones for the ailerons. I have used those in 4 builds, no breakages.
Don’t waste time on HK warehouses outside the EU. Too long shipping and sometimes attracts import fees and duty, the minute the total value exceeds £15.
The HK motor doesn’t come with mounting screws, take it to a local shop for the right ones, I just had a pile in stock. You don’t need that until right at the end of the build anyway.

FDS

Elite member

FDS

Elite member
The first link you posted is letting me get to checkout and saying 20th-22nd for delivery. You can’t list an item you do not have stock of on eBay.
Second ones are the same servo just £1 more per servo. Fine if you don’t mind paying over the odds.
All of this is why I suggested getting the powerpack and speedbuild kit. You could have built and maidened your TT in the time it’s taken to get simple parts.