New to FPV

jurt

Hello, I recently purchased a drone and was able to bind my transmitter and my goggles but when i plug my drone into beta flight my transmitter doesn't seem to be working I'm stuck and don't know what else i have to do
the drone is the GEPRC cinelog35 v2 and im using a radiomaster boxer elrs2.4

Last edited:

Foamforce

Are you saying that because the motors aren’t spinning up? When it’s connected to Betaflight, the motors are disabled for safety. If you go to the receiver tab in Betaflight and move your sticks, do you see the movement on the channel displays? If you do, then to enable the motors you go to the motors tab and click the “Motor test mode notice” slider in the bottom right. You also need to also plug in a battery for the motors to spin up.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Send pictures of your receiver and serial tabs. Sounds like a misconfiguration of the serial/RX.

jurt

Are you saying that because the motors aren’t spinning up? When it’s connected to Betaflight, the motors are disabled for safety. If you go to the receiver tab in Betaflight and move your sticks, do you see the movement on the channel displays? If you do, then to enable the motors you go to the motors tab and click the “Motor test mode notice” slider in the bottom right. You also need to also plug in a battery for the motors to spin up.
in betaflight I can get the motors to spin up no problem but I when I goto receiver tab i cant get my receiver to do anything even though it says its bound

jurt

Send pictures of your receiver and serial tabs. Sounds like a misconfiguration of the serial/RX.
This is what i received with the drone and what is on my beta flight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Still need a picture of the Receiver tab.

Protocol should be CRSF for ELRS

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
That actually looks correct. Do the channels move when you move the sticks?

Imwould also enable the telemetry toggle.

jurt

That actually looks correct. Do the channels move when you move the sticks?

Imwould also enable the telemetry toggle.
no they dont ive tried toggling it on too but still nothing
it may also be worth mentioning that when i move the drone around in the preview it is backwards but when i try to calibrate it nothing changes

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Checking the FC on a quad I am building....
1705447837259.png

You should see the Aux channels that are being passed through at something other than midpoint if the RX is setup right. This board has 4.4.2 on it. Ignore my TAER1234 channel map. I use spektrum mapping since I started out running spektrum many years ago. Keeps all my flyers consistant.

If I turn my radio off, my receiver light blinks. Does yours? Maybe there is something not quite right with the bind or other ELRS parameters on the RX.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
If you flashed the firmware on the FC, make sure you completely power it down. Unplug USB and battery, then plug the USB back in.

jurt

Checking the FC on a quad I am building....
View attachment 241934

You should see the Aux channels that are being passed through at something other than midpoint if the RX is setup right. This board has 4.4.2 on it. Ignore my TAER1234 channel map. I use spektrum mapping since I started out running spektrum many years ago. Keeps all my flyers consistant.

If I turn my radio off, my receiver light blinks. Does yours? Maybe there is something not quite right with the bind or other ELRS parameters on the RX.
so on mine for the firmware its showing 4.4.3 and yes when i turn off my radio the drone led blinks and then when powering my radio back on it will connect again and the light will go back to solid

jurt

perhaps the flight controller is the issue cause in the preview the gyro is completely inverted

LitterBug

Techno Nut
It is also plausible that the output mapping isn't set correctly on your transmitter.

Pictures of inputs, mixes, and outputs tabs from your TX might help.
IMG_20240116_184443757.jpg
IMG_20240116_184429430.jpg

Again, these are mine, but your first 4 channels should be different.