New to the site

Splitbolt

Hi everyone! Getting back into the hobby after 25+ years. I was surfing around and found the flute test site, downloaded the mini mustang tile plans and going to start to build this little plane. Seems like the perfect way to get back into flying again! We’ll see how things go!

TulsaArcher

Hi everyone! Getting back into the hobby after 25+ years. I was surfing around and found the flute test site, downloaded the mini mustang tile plans and going to start to build this little plane. Seems like the perfect way to get back into flying again! We’ll see how things go!

Much the same here I am reentering the hobby after the same 25+ years of storing my 80's and 90's era glo and gasser models in the attic.
Now its time to get my grandson interested in the hobby while he is young enough to enjoy his time with Papa. I have purchased some of the STEM kits to introduce him to the idea and as money and opportunity present themselves we will move up to 3 and 4 channel trainers. Have to upgrade the radio gear though, what I have belongs in a museum.:LOL:

Bricks

Master member
As Merv said welcome....There are a few that still fly with 72mhz gear on here nothing wrong with that equipment, there is limitations as you probably know.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Welcome to both of you! Same story here, out of the hobby for decades and then found Flite Test. I've been building, flying, crashing and rebuilding for over a year now and having a blast. You'll soon find the joy of not getting too upset when you crash a plane because it only took you an afternoon or perhaps a day to build. Have fun!

skymaster

Elite member
Welcome. OMG 3 with one swat they keep getting bitten by the bug. i built the FT mini mustang and the mini corsair for some reason i could not make the coarsair stay up in the air, and the mini mustang i tried it with the A pack and the F pack it fly's better with the A pack and a 850mAh lipo and a 1000mAh lipo on a windy day. have fun guys.

Splitbolt

Welcome. OMG 3 with one swat they keep getting bitten by the bug. i built the FT mini mustang and the mini corsair for some reason i could not make the coarsair stay up in the air, and the mini mustang i tried it with the A pack and the F pack it fly's better with the A pack and a 850mAh lipo and a 1000mAh lipo on a windy day. have fun guys.
Thanks for the welcome! Just got all the mini stand parts cut out. Hopefully I’ll start building on the weekend. I bought the the A pack for it also. All this electric stuff has my head spinning lol! There’s a lot more to it than filling the tank with fuel and taking off. A lot more motor, esc’s, battery combinations to take into account! Anyway it’s fun to learn something new. I’m looking forward to it all! Thanks again

skymaster

Elite member
Thanks for the welcome! Just got all the mini stand parts cut out. Hopefully I’ll start building on the weekend. I bought the the A pack for it also. All this electric stuff has my head spinning lol! There’s a lot more to it than filling the tank with fuel and taking off. A lot more motor, esc’s, battery combinations to take into account! Anyway it’s fun to learn something new. I’m looking forward to it all! Thanks again
well you are in the right place. every one here is ready and willing to lend a hand, there are no bad questions except the one's that are not asked.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Haha when I think of using the gas engine I inherited I get dizzy lol