Newbie: Help throttle calibration!

boogieloo

Wow, what a cool forum that I already have some speculations. Thank you all. I will more thoroughly try the wire diagnostics again in the am, but a quickie does not reveal any breaks or meaningful changes by unplugging individual wires.

And I do think it is bound ok. We did bind while plugged into the "bat" channel then disconnected power and moved moved the plug to channel 1, then did the sequence in the video, since that is the channel assigned to the throttle....

Thanks for the Youtube idea: Here is a link to the steps / sounds / "brrpp" movement

I know my son's throttle moments may be hard to see / a but fast; we get the same result with longer pauses at the top then bottom positions...

Thanks again, Merv, quorneng and Bricks...
It could not be the engine because it's new. Either the battery was a lemon or the other parts weren't not connected. Did you try it again set up? It's the setup. Because I know on my "box" the battery went dead. So I know I have to get the correct battery. It's an engineering problem for me anyway. If I pay for the battery will it work? Most times yes. Because the setup was correct.

I have the same problem. Finding the correct battery.

It can't start now. Because the battery is dead.

I'm sorry too. The calibration to the engine should be zero. All the way down on the left stick. throttle not in reverse. And all servos plugged in. Then test the throttle.

If this is any help, for me, I might have to buy a battery. And it will cost hopefully no more than $40 dollars. All things set up.

Last edited:

boogieloo

Okay. Well if anything else, the FCC ruling on this is that don't fly it close to buildings in a metropolitan area. Imagine that.

bisco

Elite member
agree. i reported him as just odd, but i'm not sure what the mods can do. it comes across as 'english as a second language', but it sometimes seems appropriate, and most time snot.

if we could get him to quote who he is replying to, it might make more sense

boogieloo

Why not? You mean Flite Test cannot give him a new kit? Just get a new one for free. Made a mistake or mishap on this one. Did not follow instructions. Or never had any instructions. This airplane is still stuck and not flying or going anywhere. Because I see it as a guaranteed flight with this DIY kit.

I think they have a certification saying you're a certified Airplane model builder or flyer. This would be in California. I don't know how much it cost though. The rockets are a little different. But they have one too in California. And I think there is a group too there that gets together. The Mojave Desert in California is the rocket launch site.

Don't mind me. I'm just playing around on the pc. But if you want it, it's there too.

Last edited:

bisco

Elite member
Why not? You mean Flite Test cannot give him a new kit? Just get a new one for free. Made a mistake or mishap on this one. Did not follow instructions. Or never had any instructions.
it's a matter of logistics. they can give him one, but he would have to pick it up. they're not going to drive that far.
a slip of the razor is one thing, but directions in a native language is another

boogieloo

I need help also on the push rod lever. Planning it now. Control horns are on the ailerons. (2) Then I would have 3 links on balsa underneath the foam card board for more solid hold. Finally gluing the link to the aileron wings and lever. Also with balsa for added support underneath. Now with only one more servo, how to add the two ailerons to flap in the opposite directions with nothing but pushrods. That is the way they did it before.

Yes. Thank u also. Skymaster the throttle is in the back of the wing. Reverse the throttle on the hand box, Flysky.

Last edited:

bisco

Elite member
I need help also on the push rod lever. Planning it now. Control horns are on the ailerons. (2) Then I would have 3 links on balsa underneath the foam card board for more solid hold. Finally gluing the link to the aileron wings and lever. Also with balsa for added support underneath. Now with only one more servo, how to add the two ailerons to flap in the opposite directions with nothing but pushrods. That is the way they did it before.
when you attach the two pushrods to a dual arm on the servo, the ailerons will move in opposite directions.
you can find pictures of the set up online, or even a youtube video

boogieloo

I think they said you have to make a connection on the transmitter side, to fire up the engine. But calibrate? set to zero. But the engine will just fire up automatically on throttle control. No need anything else to fire it up. Unless you were on gas, then it is done mechanical with pushrods and other things to get good fuel air mixture. Until it comes on again, the receiver.

boogieloo

What time is a good time to fly in your area? In Hawai'i, about 5:30 sunset in Waikiki is good. Not much people and easily accessible park area. Anyone can go to the park. :cool:

boogieloo

Newbie here,

Building a Flite Test Mighty Mini trainer. New Spektrum ar620 receiver, used dx6e transmitter. Throttle channel is 1 and (to the best I can tell) throttle cutoff switch is off (or in other trials "inhibited" on settings). Cannot seem to calibrate the throttle: Just get continuous brrp...brrp motor vibrating and slowly turning.

Video of what we are going attached. EDIT: Could not attach a .mov file. Picture of setup attached. Sequence of what we are doing:
1) Transmitter on with throttle "up" position
2) Lots of musical beeps then a pause
3) Move throttle to "down" position" < ---- ( before turning on the box, this should be down position all the way )
4) Lots more beeps
5) Move throttle up: series of brrp...brrrps....

Then musical stuff repeats some more, and so on.
View attachment 204753
Help! My 9 yo and I have been struggling with this intermittently for weeks before I discovered this forum

Thanh you in advance!
Did you get your airplane fixed already? Made it fly.
well just put the airplane together again. And test the parts, see if everything is working. Go straight ahead. Green light. If no throttle yet, get a new battery. TATTU, or Lipo.
Normal settings on all. rudders etc... two more points. engine rotation and propeller settings. Get it correct.

Last edited:

boogieloo

I tested my airplane on the ground. On cement, this airplane smooth take off all the way. Just rolling it out and see if it rolls easily. Sure does. Propeller and rotation of the engine, got it too on throttle reverse. Now it's just the battery and go..... I see no reason for my model airplane to not work and fly. Everything is a go. Like the movie in Hollywood 1966, "The flight of the Phoenix" Starring Ernest Borgnine.
well that is you, that is me. Mr. Dorfman. Commander in chief, and above the captain.

What lie? You are commanded to take charge of your airplane and make it fly. As commander in chief you are commanded to flight # (whatever) and complete it to destination point. And I leave this to you commander. And so it is with hobby goers. And I think they had a description like this on the FAA website.

This weekend I'm going to test it also. And throw my airplane five yards and have someone catch it under the wings. See if glides. I want to see where the CG or center of gravity is, to see if the weight distribution is correct. I want to be able to have at least 3 flights to this airplane before I start a new one. If i don't test it, all this thing will do is crash and burn at take off. What good is that then? So I'll test it several times.

Result: On landing I should be able to knock off the engine at several feet off the ground and the airplane will still land nicely. Gliding into the grass. If the center of gravity is at the correct location, the above effect should happen. Lastly, the roll around. That only comes with adding one more servo. But that is after. 1300 mAmp/hours was not enough volts to start the twin engine. So now I am using only one ESC engine.

Lastly the Lipo battery. Or TATTU battery. So still have testing to do. 7.4 volts 2s 650 mAmp/hours battery will do it. I don't know how much.

Last edited: