Newbie to 3D

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
I am primarily a glider pilot, and I love that, but I thought I wojld experiment with the other end of the spektrum. I have some experience with touchy planes, basic basic stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 3D plane/precision plane. I was thinking like that sukhoi 29mm, anybody know of a good, not 3000$ plane that is relatively easy to repair, any ideas would be awesome. Thank ya much.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Why not the FT 3D? With the right motor and throws it should be a true 3D plane. Or at least really, really close. I think a 3D plane needs a 3:1 thrust to weight ratio. So a nice big motor on it should make for a great first 3D plane.

Beyond that, I have no idea.

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Oh yeah, I have been doing knife edges and stuff with that, and I most certainly love it I simply am asking what would be a good plane for next step 3D, blenders and such, I guess I kinda lied about "newbie" I can do the basics like knife edge, hover, but that is it, no harriers, blenders, rolling harrier etc, not yet;) I am just wondering the how to and the what plane for next step planes. I truly do like the ft 3D but, I kinda want a larger plane, any suggestions/how to perfect hovers and harriers. And isn't bigger sometimes easier to control (not that I don't love the ft 3D)

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
I'm actually thinking about the Sukhoi as well, after the FT episode. Somehow I do get bored with planes after a relatively short while, because of the 'limitations' they have. I always seem to go back to helicopters at some point (hence my avatar title) :p because they're so versatile...

So in planes I also want something super agile, like... this sukhoi? It's really tempting :eek: