Newbie Transmitter Hack

Jack-Wheel

Good afternoon everyone.
I am now starting to approach the world of RC models and I joined your site today.
I am Italian, but the last post in my language is from 2018.
I have been watching a lot of videos especially those for beginners.
I saw the video "Newbie Transmitter Hack! (Limiter Discs)."
They would be very useful to get used to the radio control, but I couldn't download the template "limiterdisks.pdf": the page is completely blank.
How can I get the template?
Thanks

Attachments

• limiterdiscs.pdf
    296 bytes · Views: 0

Jack-Wheel

Exactly which radio do you own?
Since I am starting, I am looking for a system that, here in Italy, is not very expensive (TX max 250€, about 255$), simple to use, 6 ch.
Moreover I am looking for everything that can avoid mistakes that could destroy the aircraft, even if they are hardware elements that limit the performance..
For this reason I am looking for slow aircrafts built with economical materials like foam and cardboard.
I used to work in quality systems and I am used, before starting a project, to consider all the opportunities and evaluate the risks.

bisco

Elite member
Since I am starting, I am looking for a system that, here in Italy, is not very expensive (TX max 250€, about 255$), simple to use, 6 ch.
Moreover I am looking for everything that can avoid mistakes that could destroy the aircraft, even if they are hardware elements that limit the performance..
For this reason I am looking for slow aircrafts built with economical materials like foam and cardboard.
I used to work in quality systems and I am used, before starting a project, to consider all the opportunities and evaluate the risks.
can you get fly sky there? they are the most reasonably priced, and the 3 channel tiny trainer is a good choice.

https://usa.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-...Fi703lPJNOGAPy_42ZcVMOu1RijgZea4aAtMIEALw_wcB

bisco

Elite member
a higher end system would be spektrum dx6e and umx turbo timber. if they are available to you, they have the 'safe system' that basically flies the plane for you. all you do is steer it around the sky until you get a good feel, then you can turn safe off, and control more of it yourself.

all these transmitters let you adjust how much stick input you want to use, so you don't over control the airplane surfaces as you're learning.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I concur with @bisco the Flysky FS-i6 or FS-i6x is probably your best option as someone just starting in the hobby. The flite test Tiny Trainer is also a great starting point.
I have built and flown 5 Tiny Trainers, the most recent one is going to my Grandson so he can learn to fly it. I have also bought him a Flysky FS-i6 for Christmas as his first transmitter.
As you progress you will realise it is an inconvenience swapping your receiver from model to model. So your biggest expense will be buying additional receivers to fit in your different models. Fortunately Flysky receivers are very reasonably priced.
1636929168030.png
A Flysky FS-i6x with 6ch FS-ia6b receiver will cost you around 52 euros from Aliexpress (plus tax and postage)
Additional receivers will cost around 8 to 12 euros depending what you want. You can buy a Flysky fs-ia6b 6CH receiver again from Aliexpress for around 11.50 euros.
These items are sold on Amazon and Ebay too if you prefer to use those option, but prices will vary.
Good luck

Jack-Wheel

Good morning.

Sorry for the absence.
I now have a FlySky FS-I6X and do well with three channel planes (throttle, elevator and rudder), but have trouble if there are ailerons.
I am 67 years old and my fingers no longer have the sensitivity they did when I was younger.
The joysticks are too soft for me.
When I use the throttle I find that I also move the rudder; the same happens with the elevators and ailerons.
Having a few things to help me learn the controls would be helpful and those discs might do the trick, but all the links don't work and the pdf file is corrupted.
If anyone has a file that works I would be grateful.

bisco

Elite member
hi jack,
i am also 67 and have the same problem. two things that have helped me are practicing with an rc car. you can work at moving the sticks properly, without fear of crashing.
the other is expo. it reduces surface movement at the inner part of stick travel.

a flight simulator would probably help, but i have not tried it.
i also try to concentrate, telling myself to keep the rudder steady as i increase throttle for takeoff and etc.

i still have a long way to go though. all the best in your progress!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Good morning.

Sorry for the absence.
I now have a FlySky FS-I6X and do well with three channel planes (throttle, elevator and rudder), but have trouble if there are ailerons.
I am 67 years old and my fingers no longer have the sensitivity they did when I was younger.
The joysticks are too soft for me.
When I use the throttle I find that I also move the rudder; the same happens with the elevators and ailerons.
Having a few things to help me learn the controls would be helpful and those discs might do the trick, but all the links don't work and the pdf file is corrupted.
If anyone has a file that works I would be grateful.
It might help if you reduce the gimbal sensitivity, the sticks have springs internally, which allow you to adjust the tension.

Gimbal Tension Adjustment
You may also want to, adjust the gimbal tension of the sticks. Since FPV pilots move the throttle a lot, you can unscrew the throttle plate tensioner of the gimbal all the way for maximum smoothness. However, since FPV requires smooth yaw, pitch, and roll most of the time, you can tightened the springs on each axis to their maximum. The results give a much more enjoyable experience while flying. Plane pilots may want to tighten the throttle a bit more, as planes don’t need to go from 0 to 100 all the time.

Bricks

Master member
I am old too expo in this instance is your friend don`t be afraid to go as high as 60-100 % Expo. Me personally usually use around 30-60% more on my ailerons then rudder but everyone is different. I do like a little more tension on my sticks as it helps me feel center easier when applying inputs..

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I agree with @Bricks, Expo will definitely help. I am 62 this month so my fingers (thumbs) aint what they use to be, so I tend use between 30 and 40 % Expo until I have got use to the model I am flying. Then I can decide if I want to remove the Expo or leave as it is.
I fly both 3ch and 4ch (aileron) models, the experience is different depending which type of model you fly. So don't give up on flying with aileron's you will be missing out on another enjoyable style of flying. Maybe you need to think about the model first though, beforehand. The flight characteristics of a plane can be either forgiving or a nightmare, depending which model you choose and how the controls are set up (y)