• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Newcomer to the scene looking for general tips, tricks, and answers.

Desync

WARNING: Might end up as a long post but will try to keep it short!

When I was younger me and my dad would go to a local field and watch RC planes but that's about as far as that went. I did own those cheap RC cars and even that one RC chopper they sold at wal-mart which had the cable attached to it and it only had 1 button you press to make the blades spin.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago (Jan 2nd), I'm now 32 and went to a local gun show with my dad and afterwards we stopped by a hobby shop to see what all they had. The next weekend (Jan 9th) I went back up there and bought a Dromida Ominus FPV because that was about all they had in stock at the moment. Before I went up there I spent about 3 days prior watching youtube videos about quads and pretty much watched all the Flite Test videos I could. I flew it around the yard that Saturday for a bit before it started raining, that Sunday I didn't fly at all because of the weather. Monday was a nice day, so I got my quad out flew it, ended up landing in top of a tree. So what do I do? I give it full throttle a few times to try and rock it out of the tree and burn up 2 of the motors in it. Ordered 2 new motors that night from ebay and had them in Thursday. I spent all last week in the yard flying and having fun, finally got the trim perfect and I actually seemed to catch on right away and had a blast.

Haven't flown at night yet because of how cold it's been but I bet I've watched close to 300 - 400 videos on youtube since 3 days before I bought the quad up until today. It's like I was instantly hooked and loved all the different things people have built.

Well it happened. Last night I was looking around and found a deal I just couldn't pass up, so I signed into paypal and sent the guy $200. I am getting 3 quads, 3 helis, Turnigy 9x transmitter, a Thunder AC6 charger, some FatShark Predator goggles with camera and 5.8 tx, + alot more stuff. Guy said he hasn't used it all in a while and wanted it all gone and I figured if anything the resell value just on the goggles alone would be worth the $200 I spent.

Along with everything comes a built BlueSkyRC xRotor Spider Quad with a MultiWii PRO 2.0 Flight Controller connected to a FRSky Rx. He said it probably needed to be tuned he wasn't really sure and couldn't remember because it's been a while since he used any of the equipment. I'm assuming the MultiWii board will have an older version on it.

So my quick questions would be

I downloaded Arduino, i watched a few youtube videos on what I could find and I am a C++ programmer so all of that un-commenting and opening up diff files wasn't anything weird to me as I have seen a few people say it was. Besides Arduino, what else will I need to download to tune the quad? I seen something about a MultiWii GUI but I couldn't find any download on their website.

Even tho I am new to the RC world at the moment I do catch on fast and thanks to Flite Test with all their videos I've learned a lot faster from videos than I do reading and I figured since I couldn't pass up such a deal it would be good to go ahead and grab everything and start learning while I keep my Ominus to learn how to fly better.

Appreciate the responses I get and I can't wait until tomorrow when all my stuff arrives.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times