NEXT LEVEL P-40 Group Build

PoorManRC

Master member
The FT-22 will take up to a 9" prop, the rest will be a free for all to play with. I run 9" all the time anyway so it's fitting.

Are you gonna get some video of your sons maiden?

If at all possible, YES!! There will be Video. I've put a lot of work and time into that. I'd love to share it.

..... And I haven't seen my whole Workbench in YEARS!!! 😜😂😆 Good job!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Got the white masked off...
20190919_162930.jpg
20190919_162952.jpg

and now painting the yellow...
20190919_181505.jpg
20190919_181435.jpg

The foam filler worked pretty good, everything tends to show up in the paint so I am actually impressed. I wonder how long I can keep the nose lookin pretty lol

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Update: Went on google and downloaded some pics of bald eagles and some tiger shark teeth. Got everything traced out and masked off, almost ready to put the brown paint on. I am still undecided on the red stripe around the mid tail section but I will mask it off for white and see how things go from there. Does anybody have any suggestions on using a clear coat over everything once it is fully colored. Can I use the same polyurethane to seal it all in? The tiger shark teeth I have printed off on regular paper will be glued to fuse, can I use glue sticks for that and will it take a sealer clear coat? Help is required on this one.

Thanks for reading

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I use a coat or two of minwax, I typically use the aerosol cans simply because it goes on lighter. You do have to be careful because if you have any areas with white paint (or no paint at all) it might yellow it slightly.
I do have white areas, the tail and the nose. I want to keep it bright but that is a good point. I do have other clear coats in a spray can in various finishes. But clear coating will work your saying?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I print off on laser what I want to stick on, coat both sides in Mod Podge to seal it. Cut it out and use super 77 to stick it on. Then a clear coat for a final sealing.
Did that with both my Goblin and an A-10 I helped build and paint.
View attachment 143081

View attachment 143082
Another good tip, I was gonna use glue sticks but the spray adhesive is a better idea. Keeps the edges from peeling up. Thanks for the insight.

Have you maidened V2 yet?

I have heard of people talking about Mod Podge, what is this magical stuff?

Sero

Elite member
It's a glue/sealer. They have a variety of different types. I've only used the regular stuff.

Battery's for V2 are charging at this moment, as long as the weather holds I'll fly it tomorrow.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
It's a glue/sealer. They have a variety of different types. I've only used the regular stuff.

Battery's for V2 are charging at this moment, as long as the weather holds I'll fly it tomorrow.
Do you purchase it at the LHS or is it a Walmart kinda find?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
First coat of brown is on. This color has a lot of pigment judging by the first coat. It really laid down fast compared to the white or yellow. Might only take one more coat to get it completed: View attachment 143079
View attachment 143092
PAINT
View attachment 143093
IS
View attachment 143094
DONE
View attachment 143095
Just to put on the decals and clear coat. Getting closer to flying this thing... getting excited
Looking awesome!!!