nnChipmunk - 800mm

Jan Chakk

Fuse and wing

Hi

I am building the nnChipmunk -800 mm. I have the parts cut out, but I dont understand how the wing and the fuse needs to be joined. I dont completly understand this from the plan. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
JC

dgrigor02

The same as most all FT videos show. Join the two wing halves together with tape/glue, tuck any servor wires back into the wing. Slide it through the fuse and center it up. Glue the joints to keep in place.

Jan Chakk

Thanks....Will give it a try, though still not clear about the below points about the bottom plate...

1. Why beveling is required.
2. Why paper and foam is removed from the mid section..

JC

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks....Will give it a try, though still not clear about the below points about the bottom plate...

1. Why beveling is required.
2. Why paper and foam is removed from the mid section..

JC

Is you question about the lower fuse plate where it says bevel and remove foam.
Screenshot_2015-12-04-10-10-12.png
This section here. The bevel section is just to help form a smooth contour into the bottom of the wing. And the removed foam section is because the trailing edge of the wing actually want to sticks out of the fuse just alittle but the paper is going to be the only thing join that section of the fuse plate

Last edited:

jayz 84

Just think of it as apart of the fuse wing cutout and it just need that bevel and foam removed to fit just right

Jan Chakk

Just think of it as apart of the fuse wing cutout and it just need that bevel and foam removed to fit just right

Hi

One more question.... Where does the small piece of foam (from the wing plan) go ? Is it along the red line (above the servo guide line)on the trailing edge ? that comes close to the aileron ?

JC

jayz 84

Hi

One more question.... Where does the small piece of foam (from the wing plan) go ? Is it along the red line (above the servo guide line)on the trailing edge ? that comes close to the aileron ?

JC

You mean green line yes. It goes on the lower wing half on the trailing edge of it behind the servo guide. Acts as a spacer if i remember right. Its been so long sence ive built it. If and thing pm nic and he'll better answer you. Im just going by what i can remember. Plans have changed sence the beta

Jan Chakk

You mean green line yes. It goes on the lower wing half on the trailing edge of it behind the servo guide. Acts as a spacer if i remember right. Its been so long sence ive built it. If and thing pm nic and he'll better answer you. Im just going by what i can remember. Plans have changed sence the beta

OK,Thanks.... I think you remember it right. It cant be anywhere else...

Cheers
JC

Jan Chakk

Posterboard challenge

Hi !

So far I am done with the wings and fuse (glued them as well). Now, I am struggling with the poster board, especially the one along the top of the fuse which runs along the strip that connects former (3) to the tail fin. Any tips for a fine finish is very much appreciated.

Thanks
JC

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I glue down both sidewalls first and then work on the spine. You can do a practice fit by just taping down the sides and see if your spine lines up right. Take your time and you can get a good finish.

Jan Chakk

How did it go?

Hi

Good! the build went very well...but yet to maiden...have put landing gear and a tail wheel. :D
AUW exactly 500 gms. The foam board we get here is slightly heavier :(

Looking forward to maiden it soon...

Thanks
JC

Last edited: