nnP-38 - design, build, and review log

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Thanks for the link to the FT video. I'm gonna test with split flaps because I think it's way more awesome :)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nothing just yet. My DLG and P-39 have taken over most my time lately. I actually worked myself into a corner with the nnP-38 for a bit and needed to take a step back to figure out how to tackle some of the design aspects.

Working on the P-39 actually helped me get to the ah ha moment I needed, so I'm excited to move forward now.

Okie

Flite Test Aviatrix
you are a machine putting out planes as quick as you do by the way the p-39 look brilliant and take as long as it takes to do the p-38 it will be worth it

BluBunnyRC

Nic, the P-38 is known for it's etremely long range. you should make enough space to accomodate oa 40000 maah battery. Just make sure it's not totally tail or nose heavy.

viggen

hi nerdnic...are you any closer to finnishing the p38?
i got 2x tacons bigfoot 10 and 2x 80esc just waiting to go into the p38,i brought them especially for this plane

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
I am also anxiously awaiting a10 plans.
Looks good so far.
Thanks

Planebreaker. The p-38 plans are coming along but very slowly do to details nic is trying to get just right. But theres no need to wait on the A10 plans. They have been out for a few months now. Check out the thred for them or at nics web site nerdnic.com. http://goo.gl/1K0Vmk

planebreaker2000

sorry autofill error I meant p 38 plans. Thanks for all of your work with design and builds. I really enjoy the chipmunk and getting ready for the p 39

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I've got the first round wing built and boom frame finished. I didn't take any pics yet though, sorry.

The wing will come apart on the outside of the booms. This will leave the nose, center wing, booms, and tail feathers as one piece. I've designed a pretty slick method for the removable wing that you guys are gonna like. Easy and super strong.

BlackSheep1

detachable wings

Question have you thought about a box spare for the wings and by using a screw to attach them right before flight? Check out flitetest monster build and see what I mean?

FlexO

Nic, I started P-38 scratch build on a whim this past weekend and am almost done. I wish i had found this thread sooner. The hardest parts of my build were the tail-feathers, rudders, and getting the motor boom cutouts correct to accommodate the dihedral of the wing. I'm curious how you address these issues. IMAG0800.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0800.jpg
    IMAG0800.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17