no lift after changing Tx & Rx

Lindleytowers

Hi boy and girls I’m new to this forum malarkey, I have a couple of quires, one about a plane and one about a helicopter, so I’ll split them over two threads.

So helicopter first.
The wife bought me a honey bee king a good few years ago which I took out of the box hopped it up and down a couple of times then promptly slammed it into a wall, similar thing happened with new blades fitted, at this point it got put on the back burner while my main project took precedence (renovating the house).

6 years later House complete some spare time and sold my Nitro RC car gear to fund Helicopter and plane. Watching a few “how to get flying” vids on YouTube I’ve been practicing with some hopful results.
Now here my quire, I bought a DX6 Tx with a couple of AR6000 Rx to use on my plane and thought that I might as well upgrade the copper as well. Fitting the Rx and using some Tx setting I found on a forum (listed below). First test the swash plate didn’t sit flat as I throttled up and it seemed to be planted to the ground. After reversing the pitch servo the swash sat flat and rose evenly when throttling up but still had no lift.
Can anyone shed some light on this, what should I be checking next?

Servo reversing:
ELE REV
RUD NOR
GER NOR
PIT REV
THR NOR
AIL REV

CCPM Mix:
CP2 +60%
CP3 +50%
CP6 -50%

Expo:
EL1: 20%
AIO: 20%

Travel Adjust:
ELE: 100% (Fwd) -100% (Aft)
RUD: 100% (Left) -100% (Right)
GER: 100%
PIT: 80% (low throttle) -100% (high throttle)
THR: -100% (low throttle) 100% (high throttle)
AIL: 120% (left) -100% (right)

Pitch curve (normal mode):
PLN: 40% (-2 deg)
P2N: 55% (0 deg)
PHN: 100% (+7 deg)

Pitch curve (stunt or Idle Up):
PLS: 0% (-7 deg)
P2S: 55% (0 deg)
PHS: 100% (+7 deg)

Throttle curve (normal mode):
TLN: 0%
T2N: 50%
THN: 100%

Throttle curve (stunt or Idle Up):
TLS: 0%
T2S: 50%

Revo Mix: 0%

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'm not positive but I believe the swash should move down to go to positive pitch on the blades.

Lindleytowers

Thanks Xuzme720,
I'll double check but am shure as the swash plate rose the blade did gain positive pitch(motor disconected).

bstanley72

It's been nearly four years since I last set up a flybar heli, so it's a bit fuzzy. My suggestion would be to head over to helifreak.com and ask over there, you'll get some quality help. However, keep in mind you might be better off just buying a new heli. You'll likely recoup the cost of the new one in time and frustration saved working on the Honey Bee.

Lindleytowers

Thanks bstanley72, it was ok until i swoped the rx over so it got to be my set up. I'll give helifreaks a bash see if they can help, as for bining it for a new one! that would not go down well with the wife it would be seen as being an ungreatful Ba#*#*#*!!!!! if I don't have any joy I'll go back to the old Tx/Rx

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Thanks Xuzme720,
I'll double check but am shure as the swash plate rose the blade did gain positive pitch(motor disconected).
Now that seems odd but like I said, I wasn't sure. Both of mine move down to pull positive but they are different makes than Esky...

If it's definitely pulling positive on throttle up, I'd say it's the mix. On my "normal" mode, I don't run as deep into negative, maybe 10 or 20% IIRC. leaves more positive in the curve for lift-off and hover. Just make sure if it bogs to back off pitch some and go again.

Lindleytowers

Right I've worked out the problem.

Wait for it.....

I got the ELE and AUX servos pluged in the wrong way around. not sure if it was my own stupidity or the esky Rx was plumb differently to the ar6000 I'm now using. I’d plump for me rushing.
Having a little problem with the rudder trimming, but I think that’s down to a low battery now as the gyro is not setting. I will up data later