Naze32 + GPS and PWM receiver

e0xbr

Hello guys, i'm new around here...

Have a question for you all,
I've just bought a NAZE32 rev5 controller and a GPS (NEO-6M)...

I could setup everything and it should be, but my issues started when I decided to plug my GPS on naze32.

Currently as I saw on naze32 manual, pins 3 and 4 must be set to tx/rx on my GPS.
It's everything OK at this moment, I can see my gps position on Clean Flight....

But, as I have a PWM receiver (Turnigy XR7000), I can't use pins 3 and 4, because it's now set to GPS...
Ok, but on naze32 manual, it says that I have to change the pins 3 and 4 to 5 and 6, as you can see here:

http://www.abusemark.com/downloads/naze32_rev3.pdf

"When GPS feature is enabled, channels 3 and 4 are are used for 3.3V GPS connection. (3:TX, 4:RX). with CPPM receiver, these are normally unused, with standard receiver, connect AIL to 1, ELE to 2, THR to 5, RUD to 6, and AUX1/2 to channels 7 and 8."

That what I did.

So :

Pin 1 - Channel 1 - AIL
Pin 2 - Channel 2 - ELE
Pin 3 = GPS
Pin 4 = GPS
Pin 5 - Channel 3 - THR
Pin 6 - Channel 4 - RUD
Pin 7 - Channel 5 - Aux1
Pin 8 - Channel 6 - Aux2

So my problem is:
On Clean's Flight "RECEIVER" tab, I can receive AUX1/AUX2 channels only!...

About ROLL/PITCH/YAW/THROTTLE... nothing at all...
Roll , Pitch, Yaw, they are all at " 1500 ",
Throttle at 885.....

My receiver mode is set to "RX_PARALLEL_PWM" (one wire per channel)

Any idea what i'm missing????

Thanks in advance!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If it works using the default channels 1-4, you could always connect your GPS to UART 1, you just can't use it at the same time as the USB port.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
977a2a3924cfb004ccd942228e96e4657a292b5b_1_689x385.jpg

You need to connect to the UART1 Tx and Rx as shown in the picture above. You may also need to play with the settings in the ports tab. If you can't make that work post a screnshot of the ports tab.

e0xbr

View attachment 81218

You need to connect to the UART1 Tx and Rx as shown in the picture above. You may also need to play with the settings in the ports tab. If you can't make that work post a screnshot of the ports tab.

Hello , I'll do that!

Also, you said I can't use USB and GPS at the same time when I connect TX/RX on UART1, how can I check if GPS is OK in that case?

Thanks!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Hello , I'll do that!

Also, you said I can't use USB and GPS at the same time when I connect TX/RX on UART1, how can I check if GPS is OK in that case?

Thanks!

What is the GPS intended to do? Most people either want it to display the coordinates in an OSD, or for fancy autonomous flight. Cleanflight is not the way to go for GPS assisted flight, you should look at iNav for that. That leaves an OSD - which will probably require another UART... You may be able to run either the GPS or the OSD on a soft serial line, but I've never played with that. The naze board is really limiting for full featured builds.