Noob question about motors

Flyin Hi

I think this is more of a verification then question. Withh the mighty mini if I wanted to use a cw motor would I have to change the thrust angle? Also on the bigger builds is it just ok to run the cw motor as long as prop is correct.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The only difference between cw and ccw brushless motors is the threading on the prop shaft. To reverse direction, swap 2 of the 3 power leads and run a standard prop and thrust angle. The only worry is the prop nut loosening, which is solved by using a nylock prop nut.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
With my FT Minis I use both ccw and cw props. If you want to run a cw prop you will need to either modify the powerpod for left thrust or fit the original powerpod design INVERTED.

Try to run cw prop on the original powerpod setup and you will have much to repair.

Whilst I aware of the thread issue, (Right /Left hand thread), I have never had an issue because I learned a few decades ago to ensure that everything is tight, (My props are fitted VERY TIGHT)!

Just what works for me!

Have fun!

Flyin Hi

With my FT Minis I use both ccw and cw props. If you want to run a cw prop you will need to either modify the powerpod for left thrust or fit the original powerpod design INVERTED.

Try to run cw prop on the original powerpod setup and you will have much to repair.

Whilst I aware of the thread issue, (Right /Left hand thread), I have never had an issue because I learned a few decades ago to ensure that everything is tight, (My props are fitted VERY TIGHT)!

Just what works for me!

Have fun!
Thanks Hai
I knew there was a trick to it. I have so many leftover quad stuff want to make sure I can use it all. So good to know cw motor and prop invert or change angle. Now to finish my builds.

daxian

Elite member
hi all ....
keep seeing posts about reverse threads and nylock nuts ...did a search for nylock nuts with left hand thread and it only comes up with normal threads ...so how to get nylock nuts with reverse thread ????

daxian

Elite member
hi all ....
keep seeing posts about reverse threads and nylock nuts ...did a search for nylock nuts with left hand thread and it only comes up with normal threads ...so how to get nylock nuts with reverse thread ????