Noob ?s

I've got a few questions for you guys..

Im planning on leaving my spektrum receiver in my duster airplane and just get some more receivers for my other planes, do i need to setup throttle endpoints each time i turn on an airplane? Even if i dont switch receivers from plane to plane?

Also linkage stoppers, should they move freely on the servo horn?

Also to adjust the throw, does that mean adjust travel on my radio?

Thanks for the help

Pete

Tactical Ex

You do not need to set up throttle endpoints each time you turn on an airplane. You only need to do it once so long and you don't change components.

Linkage stoppers need a little space to wiggle but a bit of friction isn't going to hurt.

The terminology might get mix/matched depending on who you talk to but I have always considered it the Dual rates and Expos on the Tx my "Throws" however someone may correct me.

Bolvon72

Mentor
You can also adjust your throws by moving the control rods closer or further away from the control horns/servos. The further out onthe servo arm and the closer to the control surface increases the throws, and vice versa.

Example, I have made a dual elevator plane work off of one servo by running the control rods off the same servo arm in side by side holes, and then differentiating the throw at the control surface by varying it by a hole.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Pete,

The Throttle calibration is to let the ESC know what your radio calls "full" and "off". You do it once per ESC to teach it to understand that RX, but if you move the ESC to a similar RX, you'll probably still be fine. On rotorcraft it's a really big deal, but on fixed wing airplanes, so long as the stick is off at the bottom, near full at the top and good coverage in between, it's just fine.

I've always thought of "throws" meaning how far the surface moves (the final output) but rates, expo, mixes, and linkage setups all contribute to that, and in their own ways can calm the savage beast . . . or enrage it . . .

Thanks guys. I live in south texas and its been crazy windy these past days just trying to set up my stuff so the first chance i get...its on

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
How far south? We have a few people in Texas, but as you know, we live in one of the few states where you can travel in one direction for 14+ hours and not leave the state...

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
How far south? We have a few people in Texas, but as you know, we live in one of the few states where you can travel in one direction for 14+ hours and not leave the state...

Yeah, I had a car like that once . . .