Not new to FT or RC, but will be new to FT builds....

basslord1124

Master member
Hey guys, my name is Chris from KY.

Like the title says, I'm not new to RC or FT...been flying RC planes about a year and a half now. Started out flying the micro size planes in small fields, parks, etc. This was good practice and provided minimal damage to property if a crash occurred. Although sometimes it's not fun with the little planes due to wind and not having a lot of power. I do have some larger planes now though. And I've been watching the FT guys for probably 6-8 months of that time I would say. Love their videos! :D

I will become a newbie to the FT builds though. Downloaded some plans plus a speed build kit for one of their planes and will be starting 2017 doing some FT builds. Got a nice 100W hot glue gun last month too.

Actually believe it or not, my wife dove in first with the FT builds and she's not really an RC plane flyer. But she's really on the crafty side and she thought it'd be fun to tackle. She built the Baby Blender.

But anyways, glad to be a part of the FT community and look forward to turning $3-$5 worth of foamboard into an airplane...that concept amazes me lol. And my wife and I also hope to make it out to FliteFest sometime too.

I have a youtube channel if anybody wants to check it out and/or subscribe. The FT stuff will be revealed soon on the channel. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB2pjrOC7_v7Xd2VWAN8YCA

Bricks

Master member
Building the FT Planes keep it light for best flying characteristics start adding to much weight and for me any way they do not fly nearly as well.

basslord1124

Master member
Thanks all for the replies so far. :D Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I got a few RC related goodies... Real Flight 7.5 simulator, a Polaroid Cube action cam, and a FT lanyard for my transmitter. Plus I got a Visa gift card that I will use to get some more RC things.

Building the FT Planes keep it light for best flying characteristics start adding to much weight and for me any way they do not fly nearly as well.

You know I was wondering about this. I plan to mainly get my parts through Hobbyking and I noticed that a motor I ordered recently for another build was about 20g heavier than the FT equivalent part. I think I'll be safe with everything else (ESC, servos, etc) but since then motors are something I've wondered about. Makes me wonder if that extra 10-30g weight difference will be noticeable.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys, my name is Chris from KY.

Like the title says, I'm not new to RC or FT...been flying RC planes about a year and a half now. Started out flying the micro size planes in small fields, parks, etc. This was good practice and provided minimal damage to property if a crash occurred. Although sometimes it's not fun with the little planes due to wind and not having a lot of power. I do have some larger planes now though. And I've been watching the FT guys for probably 6-8 months of that time I would say. Love their videos! :D

I will become a newbie to the FT builds though. Downloaded some plans plus a speed build kit for one of their planes and will be starting 2017 doing some FT builds. Got a nice 100W hot glue gun last month too.

Actually believe it or not, my wife dove in first with the FT builds and she's not really an RC plane flyer. But she's really on the crafty side and she thought it'd be fun to tackle. She built the Baby Blender.

But anyways, glad to be a part of the FT community and look forward to turning $3-$5 worth of foamboard into an airplane...that concept amazes me lol. And my wife and I also hope to make it out to FliteFest sometime too.

I have a youtube channel if anybody wants to check it out and/or subscribe. The FT stuff will be revealed soon on the channel. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB2pjrOC7_v7Xd2VWAN8YCA

Hey Chris!
I am so stoked to hear about you starting to tackle the FT Builds this new year. I am even more excited to see that your wife built a BABY BLENDER, that is AWESOME! I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are HAPPY to have as a part of the FT Forum Family! There is so much knowledge and insight on here that it is pretty much a one stop shop for everything RC you will most likely need!
WE hope you enjoy it and we are glad to have your knowledge and wisdom as well!

Blessings to you and your family!
Happy new year!!

Stefan

basslord1124

Master member
Hey Chris!
I am so stoked to hear about you starting to tackle the FT Builds this new year. I am even more excited to see that your wife built a BABY BLENDER, that is AWESOME! I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are HAPPY to have as a part of the FT Forum Family! There is so much knowledge and insight on here that it is pretty much a one stop shop for everything RC you will most likely need!
WE hope you enjoy it and we are glad to have your knowledge and wisdom as well!

Blessings to you and your family!
Happy new year!!

Stefan

Thanks for the warm welcome Stefan. :D

Yes my wife is very artsy and crafty...so her venture to do a FT build surprised me, but then again it also didn't. She did a good job with it...it just needs a few things and it'll be finished. I'm hoping we can get it flying in 2017.

Happy new years to you, the FT team, and all the folks here on the boards as well.