Ntm series 28-36 1400kv motor...

sai vikas

Hello,
I am using the ntm series 28-36 1400kv motor with a prop combination of 8*3 and esc 50A...I am using a 50A fixed winf fromHBK. The problem is when I am flying with the motor it suddenly stops in air....when I check every thing I found that every thing was fine and tought that the battery might got gone...But no..After keen observation I found that when battery voltage reaches to 10v the motor slowly decreases...When i replace a new full charged battery it works fine. Can any one say me what would be the problem?? When i changed the esc the problem still persists, And also if i remove the prop and run the motor it works with 10v and again when i replace the prop it moves faster first and slowly comes down again...can anyone say me whats the problem?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Sai,

the ESC is doing its job.

All modern ESCs have a LVC (low voltage cutoff) and what you're describing is drawing that battery so low, it's kicking in. For a fixed wing, I'd call it battery abise (please be kind to your batteries - they last longer ;) ), but this is a common problem on multirotors where the draw from 3-6 motors can be extreme.

In the case of a fixed wing, you need to make changes in your power system - probably with a larger/higher C rated battery. Post some details about the battery and flight times, and we can help.

sai vikas

Sai,

All modern ESCs have a LVC (low voltage cutoff) and what you're describing is drawing that battery so low, it's kicking in. For a fixed wing, I'd call it battery abise (please be kind to your batteries - they last longer ;) ), but this is a common problem on multirotors where the draw from 3-6 motors can be extreme.

In the case of a fixed wing, you need to make changes in your power system - probably with a larger/higher C rated battery. Post some details about the battery and flight times, and we can help.

I am using a 2200 lipo battery 20c 11.1v 3s lipo....I have the problem even though when i have changed the esc too...I have thought it might be the prob with the motor and have changed the motor with same series of 1200kv and the same problem with this motor also...I think all the ntm motors are of such type??

sai vikas

Sai,

I am using a 2200 lipo battery 20c 11.1v 3s lipo....I have the problem even though when i have changed the esc too...I have thought it might be the prob with the motor and have changed the motor with same series of 1200kv and the same problem with this motor also...I think all the ntm motors are of such type??...Does the motors are designes in such way?....If the esc is doing it then how can we change it from low voltage cutoff...

earthsciteach

What flight times are you getting? If it is anywhere from 6-10 minutes while using throttle, then it should be shutting down the motor at that point. The esc is designed to do that to protect the battery. LiPo batteries should not be drawn below 10 volts. I usually try to not draw mine below 11 volts. If you draw a LiPo below 3.2 volts per cell, you can damage it.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Sai,

Thats a nice sized battery for that power system, but how have you been determining when it is ready to land?

I'll echo teach - how long are your flight times?

Its very likely you're just over flying your batteries.