NumaVig

ArfaHampton

Hello,

My second FT Spitfire, as with my other models I now use 3 mm foam for the wings and tail and 5 mm for the fuselage and power pod, this gives excellent strength and cg with the heavier European foamboard. loginjet.net

I've given up trying to spray paint so I now mix a little white in with colours to give a more even tone. I personally like the asthetic of a little brushwork being visible as well. Painted in the Australia Pacific thatre colours: inner red removed to avoid confusion with the rising sun.

Next job is to try and make NumaVig's foam prop spinner when I have access to a lathe.

Last edited:
Hello,

My second FT Spitfire, as with my other models I now use 3 mm foam for the wings and tail and 5 mm for the fuselage and power pod, this gives excellent strength and cg with the heavier European foamboard.

I've given up trying to spray paint so I now mix a little white in with colours to give a more even tone. I personally like the asthetic of a little brushwork being visible as well. Painted in the Australia Pacific thatre colours: inner red removed to avoid confusion with the rising sun.

Next job is to try and make NumaVig's foam prop spinner when I have access to a lathe.
Yup looks like you forgot to attach pics. :( Want to see!
Do you really need a lathe to make a foam spinner? How about just a drill? How about just the motor itself? It's only foam. I haven't done it, just my thoughts.