number of servos??

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I am a little curious, how many of your planes have more than 4 servos bigger than 10 gram?

Bigger planes normally have bigger esc with more amps to the bec.
I have one plane with 7 servos - 70A (opto) esc and separate bec but also two planes with 6 servos (one with digital servos) flying fine with the built in bec. The separate bec on the plane with opto esc does not give any more amps than a 70A esc with built in bec woud have done.

The first question does not say what a "pretty large" is - is it a plane of 3,5 - 5 kg / 7-10 lbs then most flyers would say it is normal size. Canards however might indicate a "jet plane" with speed of 200 km/h / 125 mph or more and then even a smaller plane needs more power to the servos and probably separated power to the receiver from the power to the servos.

I have RC cars which need 12 kg servos and they have UBEC´s :D

asoulsdream

this is kinda what im looking to build maybe running flaps on both wings which will be 4 servos and elevators on the front wing, 2 more servos, alierons on the rear wing, 2 more servos, 2 pan and tilt mounts for cameras, 4 more servos and a rudder, 1 more servo, for a total of 15 servos

12453_6080981912.jpg

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
If you're doing flaps, do spoilerons (flaps, except they go up) instead, because flaps (and spoilerons) will act as an elevator(the reason for spoilerons instead of flaps is you don't want to nosedive, and high alpha slows your plane down much better than just a flap on each wing). Or you could do Duckerons (Real name is Decelerons and they're also called split ailerons, but duckerons sounds better :D) http://media.photobucket.com/image/duckerons/NuttyPro67/Duckerons.gif and also use them as rudder, and they wouldn't pitch the plane

Last edited:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
If you're doing flaps, do spoilerons (flaps, except they go up) instead, because flaps (and spoilerons) will act as an elevator(the reason for spoilerons instead of flaps is you don't want to nosedive, and high alpha slows your plane down much better than just a flap on each wing). Or you could do Duckerons (Real name is Decelerons and they're also called split ailerons, but duckerons sounds better :D) http://media.photobucket.com/image/duckerons/NuttyPro67/Duckerons.gif and also use them as rudder, and they wouldn't pitch the plane

Now there's a bunch of cool ideas. I haven't even heard of some of those. I have more to research now. :D

So, what radio are you using to make all of this happen?

asoulsdream

why would i mix the rudder channel with the air brakes???

oops just re-read the post about the ducks (LOL) i see what ur saying, would be kinda cool to see it flat spin on a test flight

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
That is, if you want to use the duckerons as rudders. But if not, then just use a Y connector for the channel you want the air brakes on.