Orange county Irvine area.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hey guys,
Is there anyone in the Orange county/Irvine California area? I'm going to school out here, and I've been having streamer combat withdrawal symptoms.:p

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
I'm also in the OC Irvine area, near UCI actually.

I don't fly powered much anymore, but if you're looking for glider slopes let me know. ;)

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
That I am, Its way more fun than I had ever imagined, although you will have to forgive the DTFB Gliders :p. I'm near UCI as well, just down the road actually.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
That I am, Its way more fun than I had ever imagined, although you will have to forgive the DTFB Gliders :p. I'm near UCI as well, just down the road actually.

There are a few hills nearby, but the wind has been quite uncooperative lately. Here's a pretty active thread on RCGroups for OC sloping.

Here's a few spots I've been to:

Turtle Rock

Bonita Canyon

Water Tower

There are others, but like I said, I haven't been out recently. Been mostly flying DLG in the park, but I'm looking forward to slope season coming back.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
No way! I fly from the turtle rock location all the time, that's the hill behind my campus. The noob's guide to slope soaring thread was written from my experience on that hill. :D

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
No way! I fly from the turtle rock location all the time, that's the hill behind my campus. The noob's guide to slope soaring thread was written from my experience on that hill. :D

Haha, awesome!

So you go to Concordia? I've got a cousin and honorary-son (boy I mentored, not my cousin) that go there.

Yeah, Turtle Rock is nice because it's close and pretty open, but the hike up is not so fun. Also the wind can be fickle and bumpy, but when it's good it's really fun. It needs to be almost straight West to work. Although looking at the map, there's another ridge that looks like it might work for north/south conditions, but I haven't tried that yet.

I forgot about one other place, only because I haven't actually flown there myself, but plan to later today:

Top of the World

There are several other sites, I just can't find their locations at the moment.