Orange RX Transmitter Module and Spektrum Safe Technology receivers

RCLB

Hi Everyone! Just bought an Orange RX transmitter module for my Taranis, I´m kind of new at this, so I was wondering if there is any trouble binding it to a Safe technology transmitter from Spektrum, since I have an eye for their F4U corsair that has the three different modes. thank you and any comment of input is greatly appreciated ! Happy Sunday and great flying!

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I have read of people having trouble binding the Orange T-6 TX to BNF planes. Let us know how it goes, please.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I've used my 9x with the orange module to fly my nano-3D - but have to admit it just doesn't "Feel right" even compared to the cheapie TX that comes with it. It flies ok in the stabilized modes, but in 3D mode it's really hard to fly because the accessory switches don't seem to be recognized reliably and I couldn't find details on just how to set them up. I got the mode switch working, but the other accessory channel which does the flip function in the stabilized modes and stops the props in 3D mode just doesn't trigger reliably for me in 3D mode.

I'm sure with more tweaking it could work...but I got bored of messing with it pretty quickly ;)

HawkMan

I've used my 9x with the orange module to fly my nano-3D - but have to admit it just doesn't "Feel right" even compared to the cheapie TX that comes with it. It flies ok in the stabilized modes, but in 3D mode it's really hard to fly because the accessory switches don't seem to be recognized reliably and I couldn't find details on just how to set them up. I got the mode switch working, but the other accessory channel which does the flip function in the stabilized modes and stops the props in 3D mode just doesn't trigger reliably for me in 3D mode.

I'm sure with more tweaking it could work...but I got bored of messing with it pretty quickly ;)

I believe the 9x has to be set up like the Taranis for BNF, and well any DSM* receiver. I don't have a link handy right now, but among other things they need to be limited to 80% or you will have to much signal width and you won't hit the targets, you also lose resolution on controls due to having to much resolution.. ish...

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Here's a link that may be useful. Probably the info that HawkMan is referring to. The pdf attached to that post by Daedalus66 has some useful advice on how to set up the Taranis/OpenTX for Spektrum BNF planes including controls for SAFE. I haven't tried these.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31798069

He also made a eepe file but it's a bit earlier so may not reflect everything in the pdf. Might be for pre 2.X OpenTX so check that before trying it. I think there were some incompatible changes.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30107476

Last edited:

RCLB

Here's a link that may be useful. Probably the info that HawkMan is referring to. The pdf attached to that post by Daedalus66 has some useful advice on how to set up the Taranis/OpenTX for Spektrum BNF planes including controls for SAFE. I haven't tried these.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31798069

He also made a eepe file but it's a bit earlier so may not reflect everything in the pdf. Might be for pre 2.X OpenTX so check that before trying it. I think there were some incompatible changes.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30107476

thank you ! this clears up things a whole lot, I´m kind of new to Taranis and Spektrum but I think I´m getting the hang of it.

HawkMan

As a tip, if you plan on getting more horizon models, make a basic DX5e emulate "model" on the Tx that you can use as the base for any new planes/models so you don't have to redo all the +/- 80 and other special settings all the time.

RCLB

As a tip, if you plan on getting more horizon models, make a basic DX5e emulate "model" on the Tx that you can use as the base for any new planes/models so you don't have to redo all the +/- 80 and other special settings all the time.

thanks HawkMan! I´ll sure do that, have a great Thanksgiving to all !!!