OrangeRx Stabilizer V2 setup on the FT22 question

westers47

I have an OrangeRx stabilizer v2 that I am trying to set up on my FT22.

I have seen videos on how to do it with the v1 stabilizer that involve using a vtail mixer. But to my best knowledge this new version shouldn't need that.

I can get the controls to work correctly with my Dx6 with out the stabilizer but when I install the stabilizer I can not get it to work correctly.

I have turned on the deltawing switch and tried swapping the elevator and aileron cables.

Any thoughts in what I may be doing wrong?

RichB

Does the stabilizer in delta wing mode expect a standard elevator and aileron input, intending on doing the mixing itself? Possibly you need to shut off delta mixing in your transmitter.

Edit: According to this video, you need to do that

Last edited:

westers47

There's my problem.

I set my transmitter to normal and then had it working in reverse so i just flipped the two channels and everything looks great.

I wish I could have found this video earlier. I actually have my cables routed different than that of the video and I didn't have to reverse any channels in my transmitter.

Thanks so much for your input.

fish

I seen this video, and am wondering if it will be the same with the built in ver II that Igot. the rx is not separate?

I as well have a DX6, so all we do is make a new model, name it, and hook up the orange, and it should work. I have to make sure Delta is not turned on that part gets turned on in Model select, correct?

westers47

You still need a receiver, I thought it was all in one unit but luckily I had an extra orange receiver. If I were to do it all over again I would have bought a lemon stabilizer that has the built in receiver.

Lemon stabilizer http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=76&product_id=106

Correct, the only place you need to turn on Delta mode on the v2 is on the stabilizer itself which is just a tiny switch and don't forget to reverse the channels on the stabilizer.

fish

This is what I got, and as I turn on my DX6,I can move the ail,elv etc and move the plane the 3 axis and rx works. Just unclear.
I rather trust it like so, then on te plane till I figure it out. I like to put on the wing but again unclear.

r2p7qq.jpg

quorneng

Master member
With the combined rx and stabiliser you select the elevon feature by the 'delta' dip switch on the rx. You must leave the transmitter as normal. All the necessary 'mixing' will be done by the rx.

fish

I ran not into trouble, but quite now understand the unit by just taking the time to sit down and go over it. this is what I found using the delta you'll make the Aux N/A to turn on/off the rx. take a look IF you like to ee how simple this is.