Ordered wrong motor

Jonn

Hello, a while ago I ordered a motor but it was the wrong one. Now I am stuck with this motor
EMAX GT2215/09 1180kV. Can you please say how large should the plane be because I wanted to order a smaller motor and make a small plane, but now I know it is impossible to make a small plane? I have 10* 47 prop.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
any of the older full size plans will work with that. that motor used to be the old C-pack motor so anything that takes a C should be good.

good luck,

me :cool:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
If you are a newer pilot, I would recommend making an FT storch with that motor and prop. You could also try a speedster. If you are a more intermediate pilot then something like a sportster or bushwacker is a good choice, but you could go with pretty much any of the larger FT planes once you have reached that point really.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Also what motor were you trying to get? What are the rest of your electronics like ESC, batteries, and servos? If they are too mismatched then it might just be cheaper to get a new and smaller motor.

Jonn

any of the older full size plans will work with that. that motor used to be the old C-pack motor so anything that takes a C should be good.

good luck,

me :cool:
Also what motor were you trying to get? What are the rest of your electronics like ESC, batteries, and servos? If they are too mismatched then it might just be cheaper to get a new and smaller motor.
Fortunately I haven't ordered them yet

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Fortunately I haven't ordered them yet
Well then you are good. A 30 or 35 amp esc and some 9 gram servos (paired with a tx and rx that is) and you should be set. I usually use 3s 2200 packs in most of my planes. In the smaller planes they add some weight (that is compared to lighter packs like 1300 or 1800’s) but I feel like it isn’t too bad.

Jonn

Well then you are good. A 30 or 35 amp esc and some 9 gram servos (paired with a tx and rx that is) and you should be set. I usually use 3s 2200 packs in most of my planes. In the smaller planes they add some weight (that is compared to lighter packs like 1300 or 1800’s) but I feel like it isn’t too bad.
Thanks for the advice, but I was wondering why is this motor so inefficient ( uses a lot of amps) I have seen motors which provide about the same thrust but the amperage is a lot lower

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Thanks for the advice, but I was wondering why is this motor so inefficient ( uses a lot of amps) I have seen motors which provide about the same thrust but the amperage is a lot lower
Which motor is that? The one that makes more thrust will less power that is. My guess is that it swings a larger prop at lower speeds and is an overall slightly larger motor. Also technically the motor you have is pretty efficient, or at least it is in my experience. It won’t be using the entire 30 amps of the ESC, and it actually probably won’t even go close. The ESC is just bigger than it needs to be for safety.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Definitely go for a Bushwacker, but my advice is add a little dihedral to the wings if your a novice, that will give you less aerobatic performance but improved stability.
I love my Bushwacker, one of the best FT planes I have built. Started off with the GT2215-09 1180kv motor in it and it flew great. Since then I have changed my motor for something with a bit more oomph. Still got the same great performance though, great plane to learn with very forgiving but avoid flaps if your just learning. You can add them later if you want them.