Oscillating side to side and servo twitching

akimbo

8A17E4EF-218E-4868-9704-EEEA9DD0C8FC.jpeg
0D2E5897-59F5-4ADB-A602-6864D9550F65.jpeg
I just maidened a yf-23 and I had issues with it oscillating side to side, I moved the cg forward and same issue. As soon as I got to 80% throttle it flew perfect. What causes this and how to I fix my design. Also the elevator servo was violently twitching which caused me to crash into thick brush. Had to cut my way through and met a rattle snake on the way. It wagged its tail at me for some reason, that means it’s happy right?

Bricks

Master member
It was just waving hello to you being friendly. Good thing is he did not take a liking to your plane making it it`s own.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... and met a rattle snake on the way. It wagged its tail at me for some reason, that means it’s happy right?
You should be OK just as long as you don't make eye contact.

I once met a politician while I was looking for a plane. He was a regular snake in the grass. Luckily I was able to escape just as he made his move. He lunged for my wallet.

Last edited:

cjhagemeyer

View attachment 239693 View attachment 239694 I just maidened a yf-23 and I had issues with it oscillating side to side, I moved the cg forward and same issue. As soon as I got to 80% throttle it flew perfect. What causes this and how to I fix my design. Also the elevator servo was violently twitching which caused me to crash into thick brush. Had to cut my way through and met a rattle snake on the way. It wagged its tail at me for some reason, that means it’s happy right?
I’ve had the same issue on several planes (the worst was on the mm ft22) and I think it is because of the motor torque. If the wingspan is too small and the motor too big, when you’re going slow there isn’t a lot of airflow over the wings to stabilize the planes, and so the torque of the motor makes to oscillate from side to side. But once you get up to speed it is finally able to stabilize. I’ve designed a few planes and I’ve found that planes with an actual airfoil and not just a piece of foam don’t tend to do it. Idk if there is an actual reason for that or if I just got lucky, but I’d try adding an airfoil to your wing or just constantly fly fast 🤣🤣
Also making the whole wing bigger should work as well, but if you want that size of plane try id try an airfoil

akimbo

I’ve had the same issue on several planes (the worst was on the mm ft22) and I think it is because of the motor torque. If the wingspan is too small and the motor too big, when you’re going slow there isn’t a lot of airflow over the wings to stabilize the planes, and so the torque of the motor makes to oscillate from side to side. But once you get up to speed it is finally able to stabilize. I’ve designed a few planes and I’ve found that planes with an actual airfoil and not just a piece of foam don’t tend to do it. Idk if there is an actual reason for that or if I just got lucky, but I’d try adding an airfoil to your wing or just constantly fly fast 🤣🤣
Also making the whole wing bigger should work as well, but if you want that size of plane try id try an airfoil
Thank you, this is very helpful