OSD? help :)

prop-wiggle

I am in the process of building a 250 size race quad with a naze32 rev6. And i would like to have an OSD for battery life and maybe an artificial horizon. Does anyone know of any good OSD???

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I used the DAL QOSD. I like it and am moving it to my mini-hex. I own a Brain FPV board with integrated OSD and that is the only reason I removed the QOSD. IMO $50 is a bit high as this has no current sensor. But, it does artificial horizon, compass, comes with GPS which was simple to use, can handle 4S and displays voltage and RSSI.

The Brain FPV board is simply more efficient on my Alien. The hex is 330mm and has more room for an external component. The Brain is out of stock and no longer made. I love mine and it is well supported by dRonin. I actually have 2 and am torn as to which copter to put it in. The integration between the flight controller and the OSD in the flight controller software is fantastic. The new RE1 board sounds interesting to me and I like the people who are building it. I will likely replace some old Naze32 rev5s that I have in older copters with at least one RE1.

If I buy another external OSD, it will probably be the MICRO MinimOSD. No GPS, but a smaller form factor and MUCH less expensive. It rates very high and is well liked by many hobbyists.

Here is Oscar Liang's writeup and tutorial.

There are many options. The only one I suggest steering clear of is the EZ OSD. Two current sensors have been bricks right out of the box, customer service was more expensive than a replacement and the main module is JUGE. Seriously, it weighs more than a motor and takes more space than a 1300mAh lipo.

Welcome to FliteTest!

Plb1937

Minimosd micro

image.jpg

I just finished adding a minimosd micro to my 200. Because It is connected through UART2 to my Naze32, the only things connected are the vid in/out, power and tx/rx. It makes a clean setup. If the pic attached uploads, it explains how to get RSSI to the minimosd micro through the Naze32.

Last edited: