Other Hobbies? (I do airsoft)

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I build my own Hydroplanes & rebuild race motors, and this one is brand new never seen water .......I missed some races already with the lockdown but hope to get some races in with my new ride later in the season, I also sponsor a couple kids in APBA Pro Juniors with my business, they run back east but I run west coast outlaw

this is a 12ft 3 point hydro, you kneel down in these and your face is about 24" off the water doing 70mph, puts tears in my ears for sure
the motor is a 30hp Yamato stock factory racer they run 65-70mph all day long they are pretty much bullet proof race motors
this will be my last year racing Im getting too damned old to be on my knees so long, but I will find some kid to sponsor and run this boat and I will crew chief just to stay in the game

View attachment 168131

This is the maiden run so its not a speed run, it has brand new rings and bearings so I have a initial slow run break in procedure I follow but you will get the idea

This is my Formula 1 45 SST Class Tunnel Hull, this one is pretty spooky If you trim it too high looking more that last little bit of speed they fly over above 65mph so you use your trim button to fly it on top of the water with out flipping it over trimming too high

View attachment 168132
That's a whole new level of awesome! I'd love to do that!

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I build my own Hydroplanes & rebuild race motors, and this one is brand new never seen water .......I missed some races already with the lockdown but hope to get some races in with my new ride later in the season, I also sponsor a couple kids in APBA Pro Juniors with my business, they run back east but I run west coast outlaw

this is a 12ft 3 point hydro, you kneel down in these and your face is about 24" off the water doing 70mph, puts tears in my ears for sure
the motor is a 30hp Yamato stock factory racer they run 65-70mph all day long they are pretty much bullet proof race motors
this will be my last year racing Im getting too damned old to be on my knees so long, but I will find some kid to sponsor and run this boat and I will crew chief just to stay in the game

View attachment 168131

This is the maiden run so its not a speed run, it has brand new rings and bearings so I have an initial slow run break in procedure I follow but you will get the idea

This is my baby, Formula 1 45 SST Class Tunnel Hull, this one is pretty spooky If you trim it too high looking for that last little bit of speed they fly over above 65mph so you use your trim button to fly it on top of the water with out flipping it over trimming too high
top speeds are mid 80's- 90's depending on water setup etc

View attachment 168132

Wow, that looks amazing and really fun!

Boberticus

Another boater here, here's a pic of a much slower self built boat, my 14 foot skin on frame hiking kayak, weighing just 22lbs. Somewhere ive got a picture of me up on a mountaintop with this thing balanced on my hand.
IMG_20200505_200055[1].jpg

Just got my fishing license renewed, now i just gotta wait for the lakes and parks to open back up. Nothing like catching a fish with a fly you tied, on a boat you've built, at a campsite you'd have never reached without it.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
I do just about anyithing that presents itself. I have always been into archery and always wanted to make a nice bow, in the past month I finished a bow I started several years ago, and started and finished another bow in about 3 days. I made them from red oak boards, one came from Lowe’s and the other was in our lumber pile. Just have to be sure they have straight grain or they will break.
Another thing I have recently learned is the art of flint-knapping. Here are a few glass points I have knapped. A0B0C062-6BB2-47DD-84B9-9870CA6AC462.jpeg 50608AE2-6FCA-4150-AB63-800F8F897024.jpeg

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I do just about anyithing that presents itself. I have always been into archery and always wanted to make a nice bow, in the past month I finished a bow I started several years ago, and started and finished another bow in about 3 days. I made them from red oak boards, one came from Lowe’s and the other was in our lumber pile. Just have to be sure they have straight grain or they will break.
Another thing I have recently learned is the art of flint-knapping. Here are a few glass points I have knapped. View attachment 168154 View attachment 168155
I love making old tools, though I don't knapp flint or glass. I forge steel and make knives. I've got a really cool hunting/throwing knife that I forged.

messyhead

I do archery, though haven't shot since lockdown as the club is closed.

20190131_121420.jpg 20190131_121434-1.jpg

I also started building and painting plastic models, and recently picked up my guitar again.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Those look awesome!
Thanks! If you ever get the chance to blacksmith, take it! It is such a cool skill to have, and great exercise! It's also very therapeutic. If I'm frustrated and need to let off some steam I can go slam red hot metal with a 4 lb hammer!:D

OliverW

Legendary member
Thanks! If you ever get the chance to blacksmith, take it! It is such a cool skill to have, and great exercise! It's also very therapeutic. If I'm frustrated and need to let off some steam I can go slam red hot metal with a 4 lb hammer!:D
I was hitting some old foamboard planes with a hammer yesterday lol

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Is this were we list out 'other' hobbies?
unordered list incoming:
  • LARPing (in the past, nothing nearby + time requirements have taken this off the list currently)
  • PnPRPG
  • Table Top Skirmish Wargaming (OPR, Rangers of Shadow Deep, Zone Raiders, Star Breach)
  • Making Computer games
  • Playing computer games (not very often - only when I find a very intrsting looking one that isn't crazy long)
  • 3D modeling/printing (to support other stuff on this list)
  • model paining (to support the TTSW and PnPRPGs)
  • Reading books
ahh... no wonder I never feel like i have enough time for my hobbies ;) There would be more on this list, but I already don't have time to do everything on the list.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
View attachment 168287 View attachment 168288

The first one I forged from 1080 steel, (Iron, Carbon and Magnesium) The second I cut out of a piece of 5160, (Iron, Carbon, Chromium, Magnesium)

I just need to sharpen "Razorback" and put a handle on it.:D
I attempted a few knives several months ago, but I was just cutting them from flat plate saw-blades not forging.
I only finished one that ended up much smaller than I expected, still fun though and I need to finish the others that I cut out. I also bought a file to try to grind to shape going from instructions from a YouTube video, but I never did start it.
Those look great by the way, but is there any particular reason not to have a full tang on those?

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I attempted a few knives several months ago, but I was just cutting them from flat plate saw-blades not forging.
I only finished one that ended up much smaller than I expected, still fun though and I need to finish the others that I cut out. I also bought a file to try to grind to shape going from instructions from a YouTube video, but I never did start it.
Those look great by the way, but is there any particular reason not to have a full tang on those?
My Master usually does a half tang on his knives, but he makes the handle piece so the half tang slides into it. It basically becomes a full-tang knife with an intricate handle that he doesn't have to forge. (If done right it's just as strong as a full tang) Here's his website https://www.brucebumpknives.com/

The "Razorback" has a full tang already, so I just need to cover the handle with the scales.(y)

Last edited:

Paracodespoder

Elite member
My Master usually does a half tang on his knives, but he makes the handle piece so the half tang slides into it. It basically becomes a full-tang knife with an intricate handle that he doesn't have to forge. (If done right it's just as strong as a full tang) Here's his website https://www.brucebumpknives.com/

The "Razorback" has a full tang already, so I just need to cover the handle with the scales.(y)
Those are some beautiful Damascus knives he has on there, do you make the Damascus knives yet?