P-38 boom alignment marking missing

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'm using the radial motors from the recommended flight pack. No landing gear included, and I have not seen the video they mentioned on installing it. I'm really happy with it and hope to finish it over the weekend. Cheers!
Ok, perfect. It was “is this the right warbird for you” video they posted in their tech channel. Good luck in the maiden!

ejwolski

Oh - I did see that! My bad for not remembering! I just picked up an AR620 receiver for it so I can test motor direction, check servo connections, etc. I really don't have much left before I can fly! Cheers!

ejwolski

Electronics check out complete! I had to reverse the aileron servo direction, and I had to reverse the differential thrust. I need to re-check the directions I used to see if I goofed or the instructions were reversed. On to the final few assemblies...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Electronics check out complete! I had to reverse the aileron servo direction, and I had to reverse the differential thrust. I need to re-check the directions I used to see if I goofed or the instructions were reversed. On to the final few assemblies...
Sweet!

ejwolski

Ordered some 3 bladed props for my P-38 - although not 100 prototypical shape, they do look awesome! I'm working on a spinner to match - more details to follow.

I held off finishing the plane so I could change the motor rotation since both of these props turn the same way. Tomorrow I'm hot gluing the motor mounts in place so I can get the cowls on. I've already started assembling the 4 intakes. Decals are on order from Callie Graphics for an OD over grey paint scheme. Pics coming... :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ordered some 3 bladed props for my P-38 - although not 100 prototypical shape, they do look awesome! I'm working on a spinner to match - more details to follow.

I held off finishing the plane so I could change the motor rotation since both of these props turn the same way. Tomorrow I'm hot gluing the motor mounts in place so I can get the cowls on. I've already started assembling the 4 intakes. Decals are on order from Callie Graphics for an OD over grey paint scheme. Pics coming... :)
Oh yeah - that’s gonna look epic! I can’t wait to see the pics!

ejwolski

OK - almost done. Needs a couple of small things done (see below). I did have one boom seam separate but was able to reapply hot glue and held it closed with some tape until dried. There are some small stretch marks in the foam here and there - not too noticeable. More noticeable are the spot where the paper tore. I'll hide those with some weathering :).

And, yes, the overspray on the top side of the invasion stripes is intentional. My prototype had the top stripes toned down in the photos I saw. I may darken it up a bit more, but I like how it looks right now so... :)
  • Machine gun barrels painted and installed
  • Paint turbochargers
  • right cowl painted red
  • Mask and paint cockpit
  • Overall clearcoat
  • Apply selective weathering
I did get some great looking spinners and 3 bladed props from Flightline's P-38. Unfortunately, I don't have the motor shaft and end nut yet so they're only for display at the moment. More to follow!

Hope to fly very soon!

IMG_0141.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
OK - almost done. Needs a couple of small things done (see below). I did have one boom seam separate but was able to reapply hot glue and held it closed with some tape until dried. There are some small stretch marks in the foam here and there - not too noticeable. More noticeable are the spot where the paper tore. I'll hide those with some weathering :).

And, yes, the overspray on the top side of the invasion stripes is intentional. My prototype had the top stripes toned down in the photos I saw. I may darken it up a bit more, but I like how it looks right now so... :)
  • Machine gun barrels painted and installed
  • Paint turbochargers
  • right cowl painted red
  • Mask and paint cockpit
  • Overall clearcoat
  • Apply selective weathering
I did get some great looking spinners and 3 bladed props from Flightline's P-38. Unfortunately, I don't have the motor shaft and end nut yet so they're only for display at the moment. More to follow!

Hope to fly very soon!

View attachment 169140
That looks great! The P-38 is one of the best flying FT planes IMHO.