PA-15 Vagabond Build - Stevens AeroModel

Turbojoe

Elite member
What one would be better to cover this Ultra Micro? Monocote or Ultracote?

I'm guessing that's a joke, right? The covering will weigh more than the plane AND crush it. Solite, Parklite or any of the many iterations of Solite out there under who knows how many different names will be best.

Joe

NiCK_NaMe

I'm guessing that's a joke, right?
Joe

No, I am really new to balsa, This is the first build I have done, besides the P-51D I built with I was like 15, that 17 years ago. So I don't see how that counts. Also I never covered that plane.

Thanks for the tip. I figured it was all the same.

Turbojoe

Elite member
If you'll be ordering the covering then Bill has Solite under his "Aerolite" brand. http://www.stevensaero.com/AeroLITE-TM/
Some love and some hate Solite. There are tons of posts with Solite tips or you can ask here. Basically all you need is two pieces of tape to easily get the backing off. Once the backing is off sprinkle a little baby powder on the adhesive side of the covering, rub it in good then wipe off the excess to kill the static cling so it won't stick to itself like you glued it! It will iron down just fine and if you wipe it off properly the powder will never show in the finished job. In most cases you can make it shrink so tight that it will damage the airframe.

Joe