Parkzone Radian

Paul G

Hello all, I am in need of a horizontal stab for the original Radian. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone have advice as to a part that might work or specs to build the part? I had a pretty bad crash some time ago. I was able to get a new fuselage and I thought I retained the stab but I can't locate it, so I am in search for one. Any advice would help. TY

SSgt Duramax

Hello all, I am in need of a horizontal stab for the original Radian. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone have advice as to a part that might work or specs to build the part? I had a pretty bad crash some time ago. I was able to get a new fuselage and I thought I retained the stab but I can't locate it, so I am in search for one. Any advice would help. TY
I don't know much about the plane, but from pics it looks like you could probably just make one out of foam board.

L Edge

Master member
Still have my original Radian. Having weight differences (building it out of your own foam would make it very tail heavy) if you go to Horizon Hobby, for $12 you can get your part. You should (if different size) be able to adapt it.
Best glider to soar with their design.

Paul G

Still have my original Radian. Having weight differences (building it out of your own foam would make it very tail heavy) if you go to Horizon Hobby, for $12 you can get your part. You should (if different size) be able to adapt it.
Best glider to soar with their design.
Thank you for your response. Maybe you know something I don't but I cannot find the part available. Part # PKZ4725. It's not available anywhere. Not even ebay. Do you know of a compatible part number? I'm fine with doing mods to make it work.

Paul G

Just FYI, this the original Parkzone 2.0 glider I'm speaking of. Seems that they have discontinued most of their parts.

L Edge

Master member
Just FYI, this the original Parkzone 2.0 glider I'm speaking of. Seems that they have discontinued most of their parts.

All I am saying is adapt the newer to your old one. Making it out of your foam will really give you a tailheavy CG and since Radian is a top lightweight design, you will have to probably add weight to nose which changes the glide ratio.

Part number EFL 36508 $11.99

Bricks

Master member
If all else fails get a piece of pink foam board insulation and make your own, much lighter the $T foam.

quorneng

Master member
By the way adding weight does not change a planes glide ratio only the speed it travels at. As a result its sink rate rises so it appears to come down faster.

JeffnDes

I was just flying my original PZ Radian this morning. I can measure the hs and send pics if needed. I think making a new stab would be easy.