Sea Viggen

RavenFly

I have been looking at my Viggen and thinking converting it to a Sea Viggen would be fun.

I intend to graft on a cub float and some cut foam skids for the delta wing tips and see if it will work. I am flying 4s 2300 mah with an 8-blade 70mm fan (2845 3000kv).

Will have to figure out a water rudder and also plan to add a CF spar to the single sheet wing to help with durability and stiffening up the wing as it has warped on my original viggen.

I haven't been able to find anyone who has tried, this. Let me know if you have or have any advice as I start kit-bashing this.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I fly above seas of corn, wheat, and beans. Haven't found floats that work on those. You could use thrust vectoring for yaw control. Perhaps just a rudder in the EDF exhaust....

I need to finish my Viggen. I tried to add a spar where the wing fold was in the speed build kit, but between the spar and wiring for wingtip lights, I botched up the kit wing. Still need to cut a new wing in order to finish mine out.

RavenFly

I fly above seas of corn, wheat, and beans. Haven't found floats that work on those. You could use thrust vectoring for yaw control. Perhaps just a rudder in the EDF exhaust....

I need to finish my Viggen. I tried to add a spar where the wing fold was in the speed build kit, but between the spar and wiring for wingtip lights, I botched up the kit wing. Still need to cut a new wing in order to finish mine out.

I think I will go with a water rudder. I’m ok with bank and yank in the air, but want the water rudder for more “bite”. TBD.

Plan is to see how deep it sits fully loaded on the cub float and see if I need a bigger float to keep air under the wings when in the water.