pick a plane, any plane,

sundown57

Legendary member
I kinda bought a motor by mistake, ( it looked a lot bigger in the picture ) anyway I only paid 2 bucks for it so now I need to figure out what to do with it. help me Pick a plane this motor will pull. The stranger the better lol.

ELE 13 gram Brushless motor
ELE C10-Pro Brushless motor
9 tooth stator 12 pole
1850Kv
2 to 3s lipo depending on prop size

Attachments

• IMG_4975.JPG
    IMG_4975.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
There's my Arrowhead tailed delta, which would work well with that motor. It's fun, and I'll be updating the design to a 4ch option soon. If you don't have/have never flown the FT DR1, I highly recommend it, and think that motor could work for it. Another one that would be fun is A Clancy Bee, either the slow flier version or sportier faster one. I'm working on a custom high mounted pusher version at the moment.

Other than that, anything. $2 is a steal for a motor.

sundown57

Legendary member
I have made a lot of FT DR1's I'm not sure this motor would pull it. I did one with an A pack motor and that was about as small as I think would work. this motor is even smaller than the A pack. kinda like an A- pack lol.

Last edited:

Vimana89

Legendary member
I have made a lot of FT DR1's I'm not sure this motor would pull it. I did one with an A pack motor and that was about as small as I think would work. this motor is even smaller than the A pack. kinda like an A- pack lol.
Hmmm. Maybe a mini Lazy Bee or a really basic delta, or a plank possibly?

sundown57

Legendary member
i was thinking of maybe using an arrow as the fuse and then pick up some 3 gram servos and a 2 cell battery real simple and light

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I believe a popular and proven profile plane is Twisted hobbies crack yak. I know several good pilots doing 3d now in larger balsa gassers that started with them.

Matter of fact this is an old friend who used to fly quads and post here that transitioned and he flew them starting out. (which reminds me. I need to poke him with a stick to see how he is and what he is up to)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGp1S3PpGh7JCtD5skIm-4Q/videos

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
There's my Arrowhead tailed delta, which would work well with that motor. It's fun, and I'll be updating the design to a 4ch option soon. If you don't have/have never flown the FT DR1, I highly recommend it, and think that motor could work for it. Another one that would be fun is A Clancy Bee, either the slow flier version or sportier faster one. I'm working on a custom high mounted pusher version at the moment.

Other than that, anything. $2 is a steal for a motor.
Arrowhead all the way!

sundown57

Legendary member
thanks for all the advise, so far I built the nutball and arrow. Super windy today so I didn't get to take them out. Maybe tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4977.JPG
    IMG_4977.JPG
    943.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4978.JPG
    IMG_4978.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4979.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    616.6 KB · Views: 0